Tubes; 350Bs vs. KT-88 sound

USNRET

You gotta try them. I went from 6L6 to VA350B and I liked them alot.. Can't imagine what WE350B would be like.Can't say they would be better than a classic RCA 6L6 but the new V350B's are nice. I'd love to hear them in NOSValves amps. Ask Craig what he thinks.

You gotta try them

Yep, that be true. I have been really slow changing out the small signals and finally got around to swapping the VA and Gold Loin KT-88s. I think I like the GLs better with the CT-125s and BEC A4500s.

I now have Greg's V-Tracs, Beymas and his version of ALK universals installed so I need to make another run. As I know diddly about tubes, I was hoping someone would chime in and say the 350Bs would change the sound this way or that way. I should know better by now [;)].

I have several varieties of small signal tubes coming from Brent Jessee for the sources and pre-amp. It's just that I never get enough 'alone' time to spend changing out the power tubes. The wife and kids need to go to grandma's for a few weeks [A].

Call and ask Brent Jesse because he is the expert. From my experience tube rollng had less impact with the power tubes. The preamp tubes or other smaller tubes had more of an influence on the amps I've tried. This Is just me others may have had different experiences.

I have been really slow changing out the small signals and finally got around to swapping the VA and Gold Loin KT-88s.

Yeah, those Gold Loins have balls...[;)]

It's just that I never get enough 'alone' time to spend changing out the power tubes. The wife and kids need to go to grandma's for a few weeks Angel.

I hear that loud and clear...