what cd player to get.

The Dude

My dad is looking for a cd player, I know a dvd player will work as good. But sounds he is funny abut these things and it has to be a cd player. Price range around 100.00, he is running a Sansui 5050 receiver, with a pair of Rf-5s. Any suggestions, anyone got one the want to get rid of. Let me know

NIck

My dad is looking for a cd player, I know a dvd player will work as good. But sounds he is funny abut these things and it has to be a cd player. Price range around 100.00, he is running a Sansui 5050 receiver, with a pair of Rf-5s. Any suggestions, anyone got one the want to get rid of. Let me know NIck

I have a few of the Sansui xoxo series and I use the Adcom GCD-600 with them. Make sure you get the remote with it !

If your dad doesn't mind a changer, the Sony SCD-CE595 is an incredible value for a street price of around $125. The sound of this unit is beyond phenomenal and approaches that of my friend's Wadia Model 6, one of the best sounding CD players ever made. Buy from a place like J & R music and you can return it if not satisfied. I've used one as a source when designing and restoring tube amps and it has never taken me in the wrong direction!

My dad is looking for a cd player, I know a dvd player will work as good. But sounds he is funny abut these things and it has to be a cd player. Price range around 100.00, he is running a Sansui 5050 receiver, with a pair of Rf-5s. Any suggestions, anyone got one the want to get rid of. Let me know NIck

I have a few of the Sansui xoxo series and I use the Adcom GCD-600 with them. Make sure you get the remote with it !

a remote is important. I looked on the used market for cambridge, not alot of used. I will keep looking at audiogon, and for one of the other davis spoke about. This gives me a head start on my search.

For that kind of money I would really try and talk your dad into an OPPO 980. I've been very satsified for quite some time.

How are the 970s or 971s.

I have no personal experience but those were the first generations of Oppo and are what put them on the map so to speak. They have all received great reviews.

Be careful if you purchase a used player as you have no idea how much abuse the transport has taken. We had many come through the shop which were supposedly "minimally used," only to develop transport problems shortly after. To me, it isn't worth taking the chance unless you know the person you are purchasing from.