Roger Waters touring again

dtel

Trying to talk the wife into the Columbus tour date since it's only 4 hours away. Can't wait to see the ticket prices though and that could spell doom for me. I guess I could always listen to the cd at home and save a bunch of money but that's not fun.

i've seen roger twice as well and both were excellent shows. Both times, he did the entire dark side of the moon set; at one show Nick Mason was there and played the drums. I would say the best "sounding" concert that I've ever seen. If you like Pink Floyd albums, you'll love his concert because it sounds almost identical to an album. technically perfect performance (some don't like that; but, i do). Both times I saw him were at the Hollywood Bowl. I totally encourage people to see his show. Ignore his political crap--which thankfully he kept to just the graffiti on the giant pig that was flying over the crowd. I'm very happy that he didn't go the route of some and waste our time spewing his views--he just went onstage and played good music very well. also, i'm a huge fan of snowy white and both years snowy was playing in roger's band. Bonus for me--the tour ends right down the road from my work. I'm definitely going to this one!

Well ticketliquidators.com has some venues and prices listed. In DC the cheap seats are $118 each. I did see some seats that were $600. Some prices are listed for Columbus and they start out at $118 but those aren't on sale yet until 5/10 I think. Almost the same prices in Pennsylvania.

Actually here is the link http://www.ticketliquidator.com/resultsgeneral.aspx?kwds=roger+waters&sb=1

Also this could be the last tour, at least that's what he said to the NY Daily News.

James

Thats what the Eagles said, I wouldn't too much stock in it, its just a cash grab for him.

That was all tongue-n-cheek with the Eagles. Glenn Fry said on their DVD that the'll be doing this forever.

I know. I know...that's how the Hell Freezes Over tour got it's name.

Now I've seen where Joe Walsh is touring by himself somewhere...

Where and when? Have you got a link?

EDIT: Eagles are touring, but the prices are a bit steep. I'm not seeing tickets other than VIP 4-star and 5-star. Here's what's included and what it costs for ONE 5-star VIP ticket at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC:

Each Eagles 5 Star package includes:

A choice of a front row ticket, or a ticket in rows 2 thru 6*

• Pre-show party, including dinner & drinks
  • Exclusive Eagles gift
  • Hassle-free entrance to venue
  • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
  • 5 Star commemorative laminate
  • On-site ILAA host
  • Parking**

VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 695.00 - 895.00
(Prices in U.S. Dollars)

At least the parking is free...

UPDATE: I found 25th row floor tickets at $197.25CAD per ticket. Hmm, add $200 for ferry tickets and a hotel. That buys a lot of Eagles DVDs. Maybe I'll sit this one out.

Haven't seen anything about a Joe Walsh tour. Maybe I'll just catch George Thorogood when he plays the arena a block away from my place.

Where and when? Have you got a link?

EDIT: Eagles are touring, but the prices are a bit steep. I'm not seeing tickets other than VIP 4-star and 5-star. Here's what's included and what it costs for ONE 5-star VIP ticket at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC:

Each Eagles 5 Star package includes:

A choice of a front row ticket, or a ticket in rows 2 thru 6*

• Pre-show party, including dinner & drinks
  • Exclusive Eagles gift
  • Hassle-free entrance to venue
  • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
  • 5 Star commemorative laminate
  • On-site ILAA host
  • Parking**

VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 695.00 - 895.00
(Prices in U.S. Dollars)

At least the parking is free...

UPDATE: I found 25th row floor tickets at $197.25CAD per ticket. Hmm, add $200 for ferry tickets and a hotel. That buys a lot of Eagles DVDs. Maybe I'll sit this one out.

Haven't seen anything about a Joe Walsh tour. Maybe I'll just catch George Thorogood when he plays the arena a block away from my place.

I must have been looking at the Jeff Beck date around me when somebody was talking about Walsh (I think....)

I did see the Eagles in St. Louis a couple years ago and I thought ticket prices were overboard back then at $185. We were about 15 rows up, stage left looking into Timothy B. Schmidt's ear (he wasn't having a very good first set) and my 3-year old grand son on my lap singing every song just as well I or anyone else knew them. :)