Saturday 4/17 is Record Store Day!

fini

USNRET alluded to it, but I'll spit it out: Record Store Day is tomorrow 4/17! They have been doing RSD annually for a couple years, and it seems to be getting more popular. I was in my favorite shop today, and Doug told me last year it was their busiest day of the year! There are quite a few special releases specifically for tomorrow. You can find them on their site. And as USNRET pointed out, on their website you can find stores close to you that will be participating.

Support your local record store!!

Links

I picked up a few goodies this morning! I got there when they opened up, but they still had a lot of the record store day new and special releases in the racks when I left. I got the John Lennon bag of singles, a newly released live Hendrix EP, 7" singles from neil Young and Elvis Costello, and a sizable stack of 2-for-$1 lps, including about 6 or 7 Stan Kentons. I even scored a 10" Kenton LP with Art Pepper! I also found a Jack Sheldon LP w/Pepper playing. A good haul for under a C note.

Great haul Fini!

Alas, I didn't get any of the exclusives this year, so missed plenty of potential sales and still had to put up with all the phone calls asking if I had them.

Was hoping the weather would have been better today, so I could have brought the LSI's out front and let 'er rip until I was told to cease and desist.

Thank you all who support real stores, with real people who really love music.

Here is a great interview from the long time owner of my favorite record shop here is Salt Lake. I think many long time vinyl lovers can relate to points made in this article.

http://www.slugmag.com/article.php?id=1556

I couldn't make it to the shop today due to some marathon near by and many closed streets.

Our RSD location was at the Exclusive Co in Appleton. Opened @ 8 am, I was there 30 minutes later. Very busy store. They had a large bin of CD's 3 for 9.99, and another 2 bins of CD's @ 2 for 9.99. I picked up 12 discs for $50. Halford, Rammstein, Nugent (2), Mars Volta, McCartney Live, White Stripes, The Motors (2), Rush, Icicle Works &Wolfmother. Saw some dscounts on Box sets of LP's and CD's, and BOGO on used CD's.

They had an add'l 20% off on some items, and had issued $2 off coupons if you made a purchase there in the last two months.

I could not even get close to the LP's where they had a large selection of used & new.

NP - Trouble - Simple Mind Condition