Which bands make you hurl and why?

oldmako

There is one song that gets me running to the "off switch"....."Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. I always figure that song was an experiment by Lennon and Mcartney to see just what the public would put up with, and just to rub it in..... they would let Ringo sing. Funny thing is I am a big fan, but I cannot listen to this.

I liked it as a kid but after the first 3 million times it does grate. Let It Be or The Long And Winding Road make me go for the remote.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a beatles fan but much of their bubble gum pop early yeah yeah yeah, let it be, you can hold my hand amoung a few are hard to listen to.

Most metal music, slipknot, hatebreed, megadeth and the likes.

Pop music I think we can most agree on, (ie Timbaland, kelly clarkson and the likes)

I guess now that I think about it I have a pretty limited genre of music I do enjoy.

The crooners make me crazy Dean Martin and Sinatra are just terrible.

Yeah, but it's funny how we all agree their offspring (Dino, of Dino, Desi and Billy , and Nancy Sinatra) are simply wonderful.

737979_356x237.jpgnsinatra_bootsf.jpg

I'm a beatles fan but much of their bubble gum pop early yeah yeah yeah, let it be, you can hold my hand amoung a few are hard to listen to.

Most metal music, slipknot, hatebreed, megadeth and the likes.

Pop music I think we can most agree on, (ie Timbaland, kelly clarkson and the likes)

I guess now that I think about it I have a pretty limited genre of music I do enjoy.

I thought that way about ten years ago, I equated the early stuff (pre Rubber Soul) with uninvolving boy bands. Then I got With The Beatles MFSL, I really just got it because it was a MFSL record and wanted to hear what all the hubub was about. MFSL or no MFSL, the record is fantastic and 180ed my opinion of The Beatles early stuff compared to the later stuff. "All I've Got To Do" and "Don't Bother Me" are now some of my favorite songs.

Incidentally, any BeatleManiacs out there, if you've been wondering about the 2009 remasters, they are phenominal. I have every Ebbetts rip and the 2009 remasters best them in every way. They are clear with no compression, although the good Doc's other rips are still phenominal and fill in the catalogue nicely.

Ok, I bandaged my toes with my last post...haha.

Bands that make me hurl, if we're talking about pop music, anything insincere. This includes almost anything on the radio from the late 90's to present.

Worst offenders would be Creed, Nickleturd, and 3 dull dudes (doors down).

Oh, The Ealges too. I'll reach to change the station quick.

I hate to blast a band because of a vocalist, I understand that 99.99999% of pop musicians, no matter how acclaimed are not operatic caliber vocalists. Pop music is more about style than anything else. Two of my favorite vocalists, yes, vocalists, are Dylan and Neil Young. Do these guys really have fantastic singing voices? No. Do they have style and presence when they do what it is they do? Yes. Now whether you like that style is another matter.

If Jeff Buckley would have tried out for a world class choir, he'd probably have been laughed right off the stage, but I think most people agree he's a phenomenal singer. His acclaim, or any pop singer's acclaim, doesn't originate in their vocal ability as much as in their ability to make you believe them, or believe in their sincerity.

I'm with you on Rush and Journey but I think that genre has so much that makes me ill. You were too kind to Journey No Chicago, Styx, Eagles, and Boston just kill me bore me. No Hotel California makes me barf within three bars. I'm just not into whatever music that is at all.

Pretty much my playlist so I guess we wouldn't get along?

I'm with you on Rush and Journey but I think that genre has so much that makes me ill. You were too kind to Journey No Chicago, Styx, Eagles, and Boston just kill me bore me. No Hotel California makes me barf within three bars. I'm just not into whatever music that is at all.

Pretty much my playlist so I guess we wouldn't get along?

I'm with ya Pete. Pretty high on my playlist as well.

But the no drums or rock from the 60's through the 90's really cracks me up. Hell what else is there to play on a pair of Klipsch.

1. Music with drums or drumming in it.

Heh... now we know why you're not always a fan of bigger is better... lol. [;)]

Maria Cary or any of those who feel the need to hit 15 octaves on everything they sing just to show they can

Minnie Ripperton, 'Loving you" This one has alwayssssssssssssss made me lunge for the tuner or the power cord....blechhhhhhhhhhh

I happen to love some good percussion [Y]

This has so far been a great thread, makes me laugh at what is considered popular music. It seems many of us have alot of the same opinoins about alot of the same bands, it beyond me how some of these bands that have been named are so popular.

One band that I really can't stand is KISS, no it's not gene simmons the music just drives me nuts. Nirvana wrecked music and its direction. Creed (Scott Staph is an A$$) ,Mark Tremonti (their guitarist) however is a heck of a guitar player.

Also if we are gonna talk about vocalist we should also talk about musicians. I myself pay very little attention to lyrics or vocals, to me they are an unimportant part of the music. I listen more to the music itself, mostly likely it's the musician in me.

crap musician bands are pretty much any mainstream bands that play now a days with the exception of a few.

I might get flamed for this but I love Dave Matthews Band, dave himself is not a great musician but he surrounds himself with great musicians, Carter Beauford, Stefan Lessard, Boyd Tinsley, the late LeRoi Moore and Tim Reynolds.

No flames. This is a flame free thread. No conflgrationary commentary. Thou shalt not flame. The no flame rule shall set you free! Friends, I want you to place your hands upon the television set (OK....PC) and blaspheme, fulminate, vituperate, rebuke and rant all you want about what drives you nuts.....musically.

PS... Thanks for reminding my about how much I hate Creed and Nickleback!........oh yeah and Phil Collins.

• Moderators

Creed, Nickelback, Phil Collins...oh yes. KISS, Korn, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, anger music of any kind.

Let me add Gwen Stefani, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, and any other pop tart who feels like she has to hit every single note in every single song.

Steve Miller Band, Lynard Skynard, Dave Matthews, all grate on my nerves. Especially when the jam sessions go on and on and on and on. Yes, we all know you can play your instruments.

Those said, I do like some extremely questionable "music" that 99.9% of you most likely hate. Such as ABBA. And John Denver. And Neil Diamond.

But hey, to each their own.

AQUA : : : "Barbie Girl"

CAPTAIN and TENNILLE : : : "Muskrat Love"

LOS DEL RIO : : : "Macarena"

BARNES & BARNES : : : "Fish Heads"

Fish heads, fish heads Roly-poly fish heads Fish heads, fish heads Eat them up, yum!

I took a fish head out to the movies

Didn't need to ticket to get it in.