Which bands make you hurl and why?

oldmako

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barry Manilow - No way, no how, not ever. He writes the songs that make the whole world cringe.

Phil Collins - Drums are not a lead instrument.

Eagles - Didn't like them then & don't like them now.

Beach Boys - See above.

Betty Carter - Simply can't stand her voice, but a least she's dead.

ABBA - Nuf said.

KISS - See ABBA above, plus listen to Terri Gross' interview with Simmons on "Fresh Air" - hard to imagine how anyone could be more of an A$$.

Michael Bolton - Just cause he exists.

Kenny G - Geeze, learn how to play that thing. Any and all of the other "smooth jazz" dreck.

James

I like Amy Winehouse, her voice and music, but can't stand the retro recording/mastering thing. To me it only sounds compressed and distorted.

Yes

Dennie

It's a shame that the recordings are so bad, but I really like some of the live performances that I have seen of her on Rave HD channel.

Amy Winehouse...No, no, no!

A bit of a skank, too.

I think she is interesting and has potentia. Should be better.

This was the nail in coffin for me.

Yeah, she got pretty bad.

If we could just have THIS Amy back and watch her grow into the Singer that she could be, I think we'd have something!

Dennie

"Barry Manilow - No way, no how, not ever. He writes the songs that make
the whole world cringe."

A friend of mine was the FOH engineer for Manilow for a couple of years. For some reason he developed a drinking problem.

Amy back and watch her grow into the Singer that she could be, I think we'd have something!

Dennie

You got me there watching videos of her. This is an interesting one when she was twenty. A short interview and then her playing an acoustic guitar and singing.

Thanks Soundbound, I hadn't seen that one. That's the Amy I remember and I hope we can get back to her unique "Nouveau Jazz" Sound!

I think I'll throw her first CD "Frank" into the player! [Y]

Dennie

"Barry Manilow - No way, no how, not ever. He writes the songs that make
the whole world cringe."

A friend of mine was the FOH engineer for Manilow for a couple of years. For some reason he developed a drinking problem.

That is just terrible. Hell I'd buy him a drink.

I think I just found the ultimate in hurl-worthy "bands" (and believe me, I use this term very loosely here).

Allow me to introduce to you .... BrokenCYDE! [+o(]

They have it all! Crappy "autotune" vocals, obnoxious "screaming" and a very cheesy "synth"-beat, complete with totally inane lyrics!

This epitomizes everything that is WRONG with music now-a-days! Just when you think the bar could not be lowered any farther, these guys certainly managed to do so.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy! I'll take Barry Manilow or Michael Boltan over these guys any day of the week! How they managed to get a record deal and actually sell any albums is beyond me. Is there anything even lower than the lowest common denominator?

If you don't believe me, just pull up YouTube and do a search. These guys are so horrible that I won't even give them a benefit of a direct link to one of thier "music" videos (again, I very loosely use the term here). Consider yourself warned.

How I came across this (I know I'll get asked)? A similiar thread to this one popped up on one of the heavy metal forums that I sometimes visit and one of the posters brought these guys up. Figured I'd share the "wealth" [6]

Could you blame him? I would need something stronger than alcohol to put up with Manilow.

I live in Birmingham, Al. We have got to have the worst radio stations on the planet. We have one rock station that plays the same 25 songs all day and it consist of queen, styx, journey, arosmith, and van halen, etc. All these bands suck.

Then of course there is 10 country stations that play that wangen tangen dribble. Thank God for xm radio. Its not perfect but, it beats local radio.

I know, I got a little off topic. Play me some blues and some southern rock that is not run in the ground and I will listen all nite. Love Dave Matthews too, his live stuff is best.

Randy

Slim Whitman - Just never got into that yodelling kind of thing though I've not heard much and I do have a track of his on a 60's rock and roll collection, at least I think they call it rock and roll.

The song "Muskrat Love" - Just what ever possessed Willis Alan Ramsey to write this song originally titled "Muskrat Candlelight" we'll never know. And America and the Captain and Tennille to both cover it as "Muskrat Love". The Captain and Tennille's version even made it #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and 4 weeks atop the adult contemporary chart is beyond me. I guess Daryl Dragon's synthesied muskrat courting sounds were intoxicating to people stoned on whatever they were stoned on back in '76?

I kind of like some of the listed make you hurl bands ... [:#] at least some of their songs.

Captain and Tennille and Willis Alan Ramsey are two different ends of the deal so to speak. The LP that Willis's version is on is one of the best crafted Lps of all time. Sad that the Captain and his mate left bad taste for all!

J

Captain and Tennille and Willis Alan Ramsey are two different ends of the deal so to speak. The LP that Willis's version is on is one of the best crafted Lps of all time. Sad that the Captain and his mate left bad taste for all!

J

Well it's really the "Muskrat Love" version that makes me want to hurl. Captain and Tennille's verion and the earlier version by America. Haven't heard the Willis Alan Ramsey version. Good to know the LP is good as knowing "Muskrat Candlelight" spawned "Muskrat Love" might pass on it should I ever come across a copy.