Rate the Klipsch lines

I am relatively new to the forum, so this may have been asked before, but...

How about putting together a thread of people's top 10's as far as the speaker lines go? Do you like Jube's better than K-horns, or Legend series over Epic series? I figure with the exception of the Heritage line, we can just list the series, and use the top of the line speaker as the representative of the line (i.e. CF-4's represent Epics, KLF-30's represent Legend, etc., but we probably want to separate out the heritage series, since there are a lot of differences. We can probably assume that many haven't heard the Palladium line yet, but we can assume that it is the top, unless you have heard it and like something else better, please note that.

I'll start - Here's my top pick that I have listened to:

1. Klipschorn
  2. Cornwall
  3. Epic
  4. Legend
  5. Synergy

• Moderators

OK since you got only one reply.......[A].........[6] and this is my 6666 post [:#]

<<<< My personal choice only>>>>>

Jube--MWM either with the K 402 horn

Palladium

Khorn

LaScala

Cornwall

Forte ll

Heresy

• Moderators

Why when I am signed in the word personal looks normal but when I am not signed in the word is highlighted in green and is a link to someplace ? I just typed it in I don't know why it does that ?

EDIT..now it not doing it ? I am going to play like I never seen that ! [:S]

Why when I am signed in the word personal looks normal but when I am not signed in the word is highlighted in green and is a link to someplace ? I just typed it in I don't know why it does that ?

EDIT..now it not doing it ? I am going to play like I never seen that ! Tongue Tied

You should probably be seing the green words while on other sites, you have malware on your computer. Click on the word and it'll bring up advertising. somewhere on the window, it'll say who it's from. Then go to "programs" from your start menu and delete the sucker.

Initially I wasn't going to post since:

1) I'm a relative newcomer to the Klipsch bash and my experience with fantastic audio is thin,

2) I've never heard MANY of the big whammer jammer Klipsch speakers and because,

3) My gear is schifose when compared to what many of you own.

4) I have no tubes. Well, I HAVE tubes but the good Doctor truncated and cauterized them. Highly recommended BTW.

But, since you asked (axed for you Hip-Hoppers)... My first K were my CF3s. I cannot desribe how much I love them. Prior to them, I had no idea what I've been missing since I bought my first (Kenwood / Bozak / Dual) set up l in the mid 70s. They're big, gorgeous and will they shake the house. They live in the main part of my domo, and crank on everything from Beethoven to Dinah Washington to Ryan Adams to Cream to Green Day. I just need more time off!

A year or so later I bought a pair of Fortes and set them next to the CFs for an A/B comparison. To my ears, they sound completely different. Equally fantastic and bright, but different. Notice that I didn't say better or worse. I love them too. They live in my bedroom and spend 70% of their time at relatively low volume playing classical music. So...neither is "better".

Then I picked up some Tangents for nothing. I find them bland and thin. Nice highs, but overall ho hum as compared to the others. No stugots. I gave them to my Dad. He's thrilled! He's 85 and spent 50 years as a professional musician. To say the music has been his life would be an understatement. Needless to say, I'm thrilled because he is.

Next, I stole a pair of KSF 10.5s for 50 bucks. I did an A/B with the Fortes. I yawned. Gave them to my 16 year old daughter. She winds them up and grins. Needless to say I grin too. Nice speakers compared to 90% of what's currently sold at Best Buy but no comparison to my others.

Last month I found a pair of KG 3.2s with an Academy for $95. I placed the 3.2s in my daughters room and did an A/B with the 10.5s. The 3.2s steal the show! These little mothers were a huge surprise! They have garage ( or third / fourth bedroom) written all over them.

One day, I'll own a pair of LaScalas or Jubes or K Horns or Corns or......... till then I'll thorougly enjoy what I have and learn more from this site.

Many thanks for all the assistance and insight I have gained from youz guys. Next to the Bada Bing, this is my favorite cult!

• Moderators

Funny how this topic comes up every so often..................

I usually try to avoid answering this kind of question.

To me almost any of the models are perfectly fine and sound really good. My first Klipsch were Synergy bookshelf with the center and rears, I had them in a 12' x 12' room with a diy sub and they sounded really nice.

I went for many years with no chance to upgrade speakers with everything going on, so when I had a chance I tried to get better speakers.

I now have a bunch of different klipsch speakers and I could be perfectly happy with any of them ( except my wifes little bottom of the line in ceilings ).

I have some really good speakers and to me it all goes back to the music, that's what is important. I enjoy the music not the speakers, if the speakers sound good I am happy, I am not critical and rarely sit down for any length of time to listen. But I do like to hear it playing inside or in the workshop or yard, it does not need to sound perfect, I don't need to be sitting directly in the sweet spot.

The way I listen 95% of the time I don't care or think about the speakers I just listen to the music, the speakers are just to get the end result.

The part that blows my wife away is as much as I love music I do not dance fast never did ! ?

• Moderators

You should probably be seing the green words while on other sites, you have malware on your computer. Click on the word and it'll bring up advertising. somewhere on the window, it'll say who it's from. Then go to "programs" from your start menu and delete the sucker.

Thank you, going to try and find it. [Y]

I know everyone has thier own opinion...I was just curious to see what everyone's personal opinion was. For me, I haven't really A/B'd my CF-2's versus my cornwalls due to the size and pain of moving them to the same positions, but from the comparisons I have done, I would say it could be a toss-up...they both sound good, but different. And, I am afraid people will think I am crazy if I say I like my CF-2's better![;)]

Last month I found a pair of KG 3.2s with an Academy for $95. I placed the 3.2s in my daughters room and did an A/B with the 10.5s. The 3.2s steal the show! These little mothers were a huge surprise! They have garage ( or third / fourth bedroom) written all over them.

AND an Academy, all for $95?

and you say you stole the KSF's??? [bs]

Unless you've already done so, I'd suggest you start to research the Academy and what kind of price they can bring. I would not put it into a garage system. Not even sure if I'd put it into a bedroom system. Might just sell it and get the others for net of free!

This is presuming it's working and not trashed.

nice score!!

Actually, it's better than that. I also received a Yamaha RX V660 receiver in that deal! The ad for the 3.2s was vague and the picture worthless. All it said was "Klipsch speakers and SONY receiver and DVD player - $225"

So I called and asked what model the speakers were and what fininsh. Told him that I wasn't interested in the receiver or the DVD.

"So...how much for just the speaks?"

He says "$95".

I say, "Hmmmmm". Then he says, "don't forget, there's a center in there too"

"Oh....what model is it? Is it a Klipsch also??"

"Yes, Don't know the number, but I can go look"

My fingers are now crossed....

"It says ACADEMY on the back".

Long pause for dramatic effect........

"Soooo....Ninety- five for all three? If so, I'll take them."

"Yes..."

hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

After I get there (at 300 mph) he says......"I looked this thing up....you're getting quite a deal!" To which I replied....Man, is that the new Acura?? That thing is gorgeous! and went over to take a look at his car. Anything to change the subject!

I handed him 100 bucks and started putting the speakers in my car. He then said, "Hey, do you need an amp? I've got this one that you can have. I think some of the lights may be out, and I don't want it. It's free." Guess what, it works perfectly. How's that for an awesome CL score???

The Black Satin Academy has a few minor scuffs, but is easily an 8 out of 10 and could be refinished to be a 10. But with it's relative size and location under the toob it's just fine the way it is. It sounds GREAT. The 3.2s are in a bedroom and the Yamaha is patiently awaiting resale...or I may just keep it.

Last week an Academy went for 400 bucks on ebay! Hows that for LUCK?

How about putting together a thread of people's top 10's as far as the speaker lines go?

There are some on the forum that might put such a list thus:

1. Jubes
  2. Jubes
  3. Jubes
  4. Jubes
  5. Jubes
  6. Jubes
  7. Jubes
  8. Jubes
  9. Jubes
  10. Palladium.

...but that might just be the crazy folks.

I have owned many Klipsch; and listened to some others...... I will preface this by saying KHorns; Jubes; LaScalas or Corns are my goal someday.

(Probably Corns or LS..... WAF factor). My list consists of what I have owned:

My list:

1. Heresies by far. Heritage

2. KG 2.5s (wish I'd kept them) KG

3. KG 1.5s KG

4. Promedia 2.1s. In a small room; these really do sound THAT good. PC

5. KG 2s. (The only purchase I was kinda disappointed with). KG

6 KV3 and SS3s; really does not apply for music....... Nice for HT though. N/A

3 way speaker design has grown on me; and perhaps this is why I was disappointed in the KG 2s. The KG 2s were purchased after I had the Heresies for 5 months.

My KG 2.5s were sold after I got the Heresies. So.... I may like the 2.5s less now because I am now used to 3 way sound...... I love the mid presence.