Klipsch Germany

germerikan

Well Klipschers just a little report from the other side of the pond.

On the 24-25th of April was the first annual "Klipschtreff" in Elze, Germany. 15 Hornheads came together to listen to speakers, converse and all and all be merry. The idea was born on 28 July 2009 from Horn Fan of the German Klipsch site and was made happen by rogerwilco82 (with the cornscalas) and Werner Enge the Klipsch guru here in Germany.

4553496913_a15f6939ee_m.jpg4554133632_dbfd742c11_m.jpg4554134610_1b0e52c986_m.jpg

Klipsch USA you can be proud of your longtime Salesman Werner Enge!!! Not only did he let us meet at his house, he and his wife Heike made us feel at home. We were met in the early afternoon at around 11:00 with Sekt (bubbly wine) or Orange juice and after a short hello and feel at home he let us loose on his equipment. Heike also made Canapés for us at lunch not wanting us to get weak from forgeting to eat!

There were 2 rooms full of nice toys, room 1 has Cornwall and LaScala speakers run on Aaron pre and prower amps with Opera Audio Consonance CD player. We were able to swich between the Cornies and LaScala using the same equipment and hearing the same tunes. I myself have the F3´s and it was many years since I have heard a really good highend setup. Both sounded excelent! Although the Cornies dug deeper my personal oppinion was that they did not come close to the LaScala in accuracy. Yes apples to oranges but I´m just telling it like I see it.

4553497929_bd69f169b8_m.jpg4553497789_62ed1fc3a6_m.jpg

The second room was 60th anniversary Khorns and RF83´s. The RF´s were on Aaron pre and power amps while the Korns were on Sovereign Signature series pre and poweramps both using the above mentioned CD. After a while of listening in room 1 Werner fired up the RF83´s again using the same music we were listening to on the Cornwall and LaScala speakers. Although it sounded very good, well actually very very good, it somehow did not impress me like the change from Cornwall to LaScala. The sound was more direct and "focused" and I did not get the feeling that the sound was simply "flowing" out of the horns, unfortunately I can´t better discribe it. Now, you may think that the next step would be to fire up the Khorns??? Wrong Werner was keeping me on hot coals the entire day!!!

4553497661_35b7bb4ebf_m.jpg4554133902_e101847711_m.jpg4554133766_d574044352_m.jpg4554133766_d574044352_m.jpg

What? We are not going to fire up the Khorns yet???!!!??? But look they are right there not 3 meters away from me!!! I can go over and touch them!!! Let it be known I have never heard the Khorns. 2 of our Brothers in arms own them, one stock and one "super" moded to OMG mode. They kept telling me just wait to you hear them with that impish look in their eye. At 14:00 I started to sound like Anthony Bourdaine when he was in Brittany asking "When do I get my Shellfish, When do I get my Shellfish??" I was chanting however "When do we hear the Khorns, When do we hear the Khorns??". At 15:30 I decided to try to ignore the urge and be happy with conversation and LaScala speakers.

Around 16:00 the time has come!!! I run into the room knocking down people and rushing to get to the sweet spot. Ok actually I had been waiting there for the last 15 minutes or so. Soverign powered on, CD inserted.................4 takt later I looked around and we all had smiles on our faces like young boys who just got away with stealing cookies for the first time. The guy on the remote started to crank it and oh my it just got louder and louder and louder. Not one bit of distortion, never did it get muddy. The smiles got bigger and we were wondering how far over the 100db mark we were. I personally have never heard a better system, ever!!! If they are out there ok, but I would be in audio nirvana if I would have this system!!! Needless to say the rest of the evening was spent with the Khorn and good conversation.

At 19:30 we all went to a Greek restaraunt and Werner handed out BS buttons and Coffie mugs rounding off the day excently! We broke off at around 23:45 and called it a night.

Oops one thing I forgot to mention is that Mr.Thomas Hoehne from Aaron and Sovereign was there, he is a super guy and talked hifi, how he likes to design his amps and life in general. He also left us an Audiophile CD, Water wind and storm by checkfield from American Gramaphon records. If you have the scheckels for these amps they are worth every penny of it!!! Here is a link to his site http://www.hifi.net/

Once again Klipsch, you have a good rep here in Germany taking care of your companies name!!!

• Moderators

Sounds like fun glad you got to go, people can try to explain how something sounds but to hear it for yourself is the only way to go.

Werner Enge has a very nice place from looking at the pictures and represents Klipsch better than most dealers here, we need more dealers like Werner. [H]

Hey Germerikan,

thanks for summing this up. I also think we had a great time and I'm kind of proud that we made this happen only one year after starting the www.Klipsch-Forum.de or "Paul's-Reference" as we call it.

At this time I also wan't to thank Amy Unger. When I had the idea to start my own Klipsch forum, we where like 10 guys writing about Klipsch. Right now, after one year, we count 154 members with 10113 posts. Impressive for just one year. Amy believed in the idea and helped me with the legal part (using the Klipsch logo and name). As you can see, it paid off.

Robert

I must also say that it was an nice week-end for us.

I have very often heard the question of @germerikan "When do we hear the Khorns??" on Saturday.
He has to me properly suffer.

Luckily I already knew the Khorns and own myself the "Straight Khorns" of Werner Enge.

I am already glad about our next meeting.

Here a few more pictures:

100_3508muuh.jpg

100_3510cu6a.jpg

100_351196vk.jpg

treffeninelze008k8jn.jpg

treffeninelze001ymgi.jpg

treffeninelze003rm28.jpg

100_3507y6k9.jpg

100_3527051s.jpg

Greeting Horn-Fan

I must apologise for my bad language, however, it is first time since my school hours which I write into English language.

Hi Klipschies,

My name is martin, also from the other side of the pond[:D]

Last weekend I spend a very nice time with my forum-friends at elze. werner´s store isn´t only a store, it is a place where you feel very well and comfortable.

This meeting was very dangerous for me, because now i want to spend a lot of money to pic one of these items up. Not only the Klipschorn , but also the Cornwall tells me. that it is time to change something.

I also enjoyed the amazing sound of the aaron amplifiers. The pairing of aaron with klipsch is a very good intension. The typical life sound of these speakers will beef up this effect in perfektion. I never heard that before.

So it will be my next project to own one of these.

It was very awesome having met these guys, you tell many months before only by telefone or computer. This meeting intensifites the friendship to a lot of people from the pauls-reference-forum in germany.

Many greetings to all klipsch-lovers in the world

Martin

Welcome to the forum Martin....

This meeting was very dangerous for me, because now i want to spend a lot of money to pic one of these items up. Not only the Klipschorn , but also the Cornwall tells me. that it is time to change something.

If that's the issue you should leave this place at once... Things like that happen here all the time, plus we always like to spend other peoples money.

James