Friday, June 11th.

• Klipsch Employees

I was ask to help find a location for a gathering for the forum members.

I have aranged for a place. It is in the Fair Park right behind the stage. It is the local Boy Scout Hut.

It has 2 rooms and a bath room. Its very live! I will be just out side setting up the PA for the concert.

the only "issue" is Hempstead County and Hope, Arkansas are dry. ( no booze)

Drinking in the Fair Park is not allowed.

If you want me to try and find a place where you could drink, I will keep looking.

I have the BSH and will use it for dressing rooms for the bands on Sat.

How about something in Texarkana for a Friday Night gathering? It's plenty wet and by the standards of those of us who live in big cities right in the neighborhood at less than 30 minutes of good freeway down the road.

Probably a bit late to get it or get folks to ante up, but the Texarkana Country Club has plenty of rooms great for listening...and a fine bar service. Of course, there are quite a few other possibilities there as well. Another possibility is Todd Lumpkin, who owns Sound Towne. I don't think he is currently a Klipsch dealer, but they were for many years and he is a fan. He has a Heritage room in his store that's a pretty good listening room. I could give him a call for that or other ideas for you if you like.

Dave

• Klipsch Employees

I / we will be setting up the stage and doing sound check on Fri. I will be sleeping at the park, next to the gear...just in case...

Todd does not own sound town. Unless he bought it from Bruce C.

I worked there as the car audio installer in 1983-84. The year we build the new building on Texarkans bvld.

Todd will be bringing gear to Hope for our Demo room. Sound Towne has been and still is a dealer starting in 1969.

I am trying to get the OCC klipsch bike over there for a day or two to help bring folks into the store.

Todd does not own sound town. Unless he bought it from Bruce C.

That is my understanding. I bought my first speakers from Bruce back in...well, let's just say the paint was still wet.

Todd is a good friend of my nieces husband. Good to know he is still a Klipsch dealer.

Dave

If you want me to try and find a place where you could drink, I will keep looking.

I don't want to sound like a wet towel....but I'd sure hope that everyone attending this would be more intersted in the specific events offered by Klipsch and the comaraderie of fellow Klipsch fans rather than being so focused on where can they get their next alcoholic drink.

Surely if someone wants something 'wet' to drink, they can wait a couple hours until that situation avails itself to them?

I don't want to sound like a wet towel....but I'd sure hope that everyone attending this would be more intersted in the specific events offered by Klipsch and the comaraderie of fellow Klipsch fans rather than being so focused on where can they get their next alcoholic drink.

Surely if someone wants something 'wet' to drink, they can wait a couple hours until that situation avails itself to them?

Pretty much agree. A thirsty hornhead doesn't need a map to find a beer...

Dave

Or they could just pack a cooler.

The Friday evening mixer event at the Klipsch Heritage Gathering (Sept 2005) was set up in the breakfast area of the Holiday Inn Express. Nobody seemed to care if someone emerged from their room with a beer.

Since several of us will be staying there, it might be worthwhile talking to the hotel management to see if this could be an option for Friday (although that venue may be too small for this gathering). If anyone else thinks this idea has merit, I would be glad to contact the manager.

• Klipsch Employees

there has been many beer downed in the park...they make a big deal when cought and we signed a contract that we would do all we could to keep it out.

What I / they don't know will not hurt us.

go and do what you will, remember Hope and Hempstead county is dry.

Be sure to wear your (rhymes with hose) tee shirts if you're going to drink too much and get stupid.

Coytee might be able to bring a few from his collection. [:P]

But seriously. You might want to seriously think about your relationship with alcohol if you can't go a few hours and enjoy music without imbibing.

Personally, I'm more interested in the gear than the beer.

What are the plans for speakers and electronics for Friday?

Traditionally, the Forum members have brought gear for the Friday mixer.

Should I bring my Cornwalls back to Hope again?

Do we want to just set up and listen or have fun swapping and comparing?

Should we start a list?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Trey, Dave, and Mark,

Glad to see you guys on here. I bought The Sound Towne from Bruce in August 2005 lock, stock, and barrell, building and all. We are still a Klipsch dealer since the early 70's. I am trying to change some plans around to attend. If you wanna plan something in Texarkana, let me know and I'll do what I can to help. We have been known to kick a few back while cranking on some good old Klipsch speakers. I know some resturaunt owners here if we want to plan something. Just let me know... BTW Trey, how can I get an Authorized Dealer Logo put on my avatar?

there has been many beer downed in the park...they make a big deal when cought and we signed a contract that we would do all we could to keep it out.

What I / they don't know will not hurt us.

go and do what you will, remember Hope and Hempstead county is dry.

Trey if you deputize me I'll confiscate all booze I find in the park. No problem.

• Klipsch Employees

Sure thing STT. I didn't know you own the place. Congrats...little late. Bruce and family are good people. I enjoyed my time working there.

I am not sure we have a dealer logo but I will work with marketing and see if they can make something just for you.

With all the gear in the park, I have to stick close to there.

Todd, I tried to call today and missed you. I will try again tomorrow.

Looks like we will do a 2 ch set up for the Home Demo at the plant.

• 3 weeks later...