My neighbor is into audio too!

Youthman

• Moderators

My wife and I were walking around our development and met our new neighbor. We were chatting outside his garage and I noticed two large boxes that said Strata. I'm thinking, sweet, he's into speakers! He invited us into his house. As we walked through his garage, I noticed 4 bass traps and about 10 acoustic panels. He had a beautiful setup. 5.1 Stratus speakers, a 63" TV, very large Rotel amp, Onkyo Pre/Pro, JL Fathom F113 sub and 5 acoustic panels and 2 diffussors mounted to the wall. I could tell we were going to get along nicely. [;)]

Once we started talking speakers, my wife excused herself and went back home. LOL. He gave short 2ch demo and it was nice. He didn't turn it up very loud so I wasn't blown away but it sounded nice.

I invited him over to my house to check out the theater room, gave a demo of Dark Knight and one song for 2ch. He was very familiar with Klipsch. He really liked the PQ of the projector and said he really enjoy my setup. I told him about my need for acoustic panels and he offered to bring all of his unused acoustic panels over to my room one day to see how it would change the sound. Sweet! He thinks it will really open up the soundstage once I'm able to add them to the room.

I'm pretty excited because I have never had anyone local that I knew that was into HT, Music, Audio/Video etc as much as I am. He seems like a really nice guy so I'm sure we will get to hang out more in the near future.

• Moderators

That's great, very slim odds of having someone like him for a neighbor.

I would guess the sound treatments with some help placing them will make a big difference. Not that I think your room has a problem but every room can probably be improved with a little sound treatment.

Now if you could only meet the guy across the street who works at a big electronics distributor and can get you anything at cost, you will be set....or divorced ? [:o]

• Moderators

Not that I think your room has a problem but every room can probably be improved with a little sound treatment.

My room needs much acoustic help. Too many hard surfaces. When I clap, there is a very significant slap echo. Can't wait to tame that down.

I had heard of the Strata speakers but not much. He briefly mentioned something about "what all is going on with AV123" and with the president being indicted. I decided to do a little searching. Apparently the president of AV123 has been a bad boy.

Story here.

Sad. Another example of the love of money being the root of all evil.

Now if you could only meet the guy across the street who works at a big electronics distributor and can get you anything at cost, you will be set....or divorced ?

He doesn't live across the street and he doesn't have access to EVERYTHING but he is only a phone call away. [;)]

• Moderators

I think if I was your neighbor, I would most likely be in trouble with the wife more often than not!!

That's ok. I don't ever have to worry about getting kicked out onto the couch. I have 6 leather reclining theater seats to sleep in. LOL.