Progress on Refressed/Custom Heresys

Ok... Its official... It is cheaper to have left alone. I bought beat-up original Heresys, but didn’t like the cabs... Now I’ve built my own and my beat up Heresys in my office at the parole office. These are 100% new... parts sourced from Bob or ebay. The cabs had to have a lot of material added to get it to 1.93cu ft. The sides and back are at least double thick. Sides are 2.25in, the back is 1.5". The bass is so tight now... no cabinet talk. These are at home... I think they’ll be a gift for the in-laws. On a side note: I traded my 1 commercial La Scala, for a set of base bins... Bought 2 used k400 horns, and I got to tell you... The K400 is massive. The rest will have to wait till after the wedding.

post-39161-13819583430808_thumb.jpg

One of the things I love about them, was based on a serious error. I built the caps @ 2.2cu ft. On many persons advice I brought the vol down to 1.93cu ft...

I used MDF, gorilla gue and decking crews... The added weight makes a real pain to move... nearly 70lbs each... but the bass is unuasally tight and fast.

The way I built the cabs is a box covered with a box design... creating 2 faces to seal... thing cab seals up air tight!

Worth adding batting? Will include better pics in a bit.