Best HD DVD player ever released?

samson

You can look at the Oppo BDP-83 SE.

James

I wasn't aware that it would play HDDVD's. You might want to check on that.

It doesn't.[:(]

Disc Types* BD-Video, DVD-Video, AVCHD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD
CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
BD Profile BD-ROM Version 2 Profile 2 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)

Not to be a spending spree killjoy, [:P]

But I am very happy with the results I get from my PS3. I have NO issues in playback of any sort.

Heck, I even picked up a Sony BD player for about $100 and it has flawless performance so shoot for the moon if you want but for me, personaly, the modest priced players are doing a pretty darn good job.

Not to be a spending spree killjoy, Stick out tongue

But I am very happy with the results I get from my PS3. I have NO issues in playback of any sort.

Heck, I even picked up a Sony BD player for about $100 and it has flawless performance so shoot for the moon if you want but for me, personaly, the modest priced players are doing a pretty darn good job.

Cal, the OP was asking about a HDDVD player, not BluRay.

Not to be a spending spree killjoy, Stick out tongue

Cal, the OP was asking about a HDDVD player, not BluRay.

Indeed, my mistake I saw HDDVD and thought HDAUDIO, sorry 'bout that/1[:$]

I have (2) Xa35 units that have been problem free. They're capable of 1080p HD DVD performance and pretty good with dvd upconversion and cd playback. However from what I understand the Xa2 may be a better built unit in terms of heft, but not as efficient with load times.