Recivers

ddavenport

All I have left of my 2 ch system are my CF 4s Klipsch Recomends KLF C7 and RS 3s for center and surrounds.I have heard alot about the Onyko 989 Reciver, but thats a bit out of my price range.What are some other AV recivers worth looking at that would work well with this setup?

The INTEGRA 7.1 is about 1200.00 bucks. THX ULTRA certified and sharp. Nice heat sinks and lots and lots of extras. I would recomend over the DENON. But then again I'm bias to ONKYO.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

I'm a Sony fan, so I would of course recommend their stuff, particularly the ES line. But if you follow this bb much you'll see a lot of support for Denon, which I think is well placed. Also, I believe Onkyo, Marantz and Yamaha are typically very high quality and offer outstanding value - a cut above the next tier of mass market AV gear,which will remain un-named so as not to incur the wrath of loyalists. smile.gif

------------------

JDMcCall

Yeah there are a lot of respectable ( and deserve it ) brands out there. I would do as most people do, do your homework. Narrow it down to 3 or less if you can and CHECK THEM OUT. Don't always believe the literature, they can make a turd sound worth buying. Check out reviews ( audioreview.com) and go from there.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

I am also a huge Denon fan, but I've got to admit that the Onkyo Integra DTR-7.1 (recommended by DPonder above) is an incredible receiver and IMHO one of the best values in HT receivers. I just finished auditioning lots of receivers with a very "cautious" (anal) friend - after all the research and listening, he bought the 7.1 for about $1100 locally.

Ross

The 3300 from Denon is the discontinued model that the 3801 replaced. I think the 3300 is the same basic box without the 7.1, there could be some other differences and they are getting harder to find.

The price point was in the $700 to $800 range when I looked.

TKA