Blade 2

Underhanded Penguin

I love this movie and will pay to see it again in the theatres. Can't wait till dvd comes out because the soundtrack and surround sounded really good in the theatre. Here's hoping it has dts.

To comment on the movie, I really liked it. I liked Blade 1 but I thought this was much better. Darker, better plot, hotter female costar (WAY hotter than Blade 1 chick) and the fight scenes were better. This was much more exciting to watch than Blade 1. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the movie. It's also scary at moments where as Blade 1 was not at all scary. Wesley Snipes did a good job, but the star for me was Leonor Varela. I hope to see a lot more of her. Her performance in this was not the greatest, but it's just much more interesting to see exotic looking beauties like her on the screen than your typical blonde big breasted babrbie clone (in my opinion ugly). For anyone that's curious she's also on the cover of Maxim. Ridiculously sexy woman she is.

Anyways, If you liked Blade 1 chances are you'll like 2 even more. And for any of you Hong Kong Martials arts movies fans, Donnie Yen (from Iron Monkey) plays a small role in it and did all the fight choreography. Hope to see more of him as well.

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

The Wife made me take her to see it - I had high hopes for it, but came away somewhat disappointed. Story had holes in it, but there were some decent individual performances if you can keep track of everybody in the dark.

Lots of tattoed, leather-clad, suck-heads killing each other off . The gore & violence index is turned up to eleven on this one.

The s-u-r-r-o-u-n-d sound was amazing; choice of tunes so-so.

Movie: c

Sound: b

Kewl. Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sharp XV-Z9000 DLP Projector

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V (European version)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

• 3 weeks later...