Newbie to the forum ... with a Nice Find !

Awsom71

Although sometimes I am cautious of Craigslist ....

I had some extra time yesterday surfing around and came across a guy that was selling a complete audio system for $500.00

What caught my eye was the word KLIPSCH in the description of items he was selling. I contacted him to find out the speakers he was including in his sale were a pair of Heresys. Of course I wasn't interested in the other items at all and asked if he was interested in selling the speakers seperately. He said for the right price he would let them go. When I arrived to take a look at the speakers they were in pristine condition. Serial no. 8422105 and 8422106 (if someone could verify for me - but I believe they were built in 1984) He wasn't able to hook them up so that I could take a listen - but in looking at these I thought what the hell I'll take the chance. I offered him $200.00 and he agreed and took the cash. When I got home to hook these up - they sounded just as I remembered them sounding like from 20 + years ago. They don't have the kick in the chest feeling as the LaScalas I have in my toy garage ....but well worth the $200.00. I replaced the (2) Cerwin Vega DX-7 speakers I had setup for my home theater with these Heresys. Now just looking for a set of stands for them.

Welcome to the Forum!

You may wish to do a bit of research about stands.

Most agree these do best with risers; tilting them up from the floor.

Wal Mart sells rubber sanding blocks; these work great; one under each front corner....

They are flat on the bottom and rounded; hallf moon shape on the top. And because they are black; they blend well.....

You could look around for Heresy risers as well......

Good Luck!

$500 for pristine HII's just doesn't happen within a 300 mile radius of me. I just saw some in "very good" condition for $775.

While the floor mount works, stands are fine. I know it sounds like heresy blasphemy, but I usually mate them up with a good sub.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys !

I gotta tell you though ... I'm not hearing as huge of a difference from the Cerwin Vega DX-7 I just swapped out for the Heresys that I thought I was. Maybe I need to upgrade my Yamaha home theater receiver ....

Also, anyone have another way of verifying the age of my LaScalas other than the serial no. ? The serial no. are so faded off the tag that you can't read it. The person I bought them from 5 years ago told me he was the original owner and had purchased them in 1978.

Also, anyone have another way of verifying the age of my LaScalas other than the serial no. ? The serial no. are so faded off the tag that you can't read it. The person I bought them from 5 years ago told me he was the original owner and had purchased them in 1978.

Welcome to the forums...

If you can't read the labels very well, perhaps the components installed will help to verify the age.

The crossovers should have a type... Type A, AA, AL... and on. That will narrow the range, unless the original owner modded them a bunch. A pic or two would help as well.

To post a pic, there is an options tab when you do a post. You can browse to a photo and ... you may have to scroll to the right, click on save. If you are uploading from home, you can only post one pic per post. If they are on another we site, you can link to multiple photos in one post.

Bruce