Outdoor 2-channel on the super cheap

Greetings forum brothers-

I'm looking to assemble some sort of rough and tumble outdoor 2-channel rig to crank out some summer tunes by the inflatable to pool, in which I shall smoke many a premium cigar with a few chums. I need a couple of speaks and possibly a reciever/amp if'n it'll sweeten the deal. I have a coupla serviceable sources of amplification laying around, so that portion is not absolutely necessary. The speakers don't need to be Klipsch, but that would obviously be a plus. By cheap I mean I have to spend ideally less than $200 on the whole affair.

Feed me your ideas gents! And if you have something for sale matching what I'm looking for, by all means shoot me a PM. I wanted to post this in the Garage Sale section, but that place is always a bit of a zoo.

thanks in advance

If you need some good outdoor speakers on a budget i recommend these Advent's, my friend has these out at his pool and they fill the whole yard with sound if needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENT-CALYPSO-BOOKSHELF-OUTDOOR-SPEAKERS-/140406252230?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item20b0dd62c6

I actually have those in my backyard and they are very decent speakers.

Nice find Jason!

Dennie

I had in my mind some kind of old Klipsch industrial set up - a pair of HIPs or something, but I imagine they would be out of my budget. Or would they?

Most likely out of your budget especially considering you need a source and amplification.

I picked up my pair of Advent speakers at Costco about 5 years ago for $49.99. We all know if you see it at costco and want it, you'd better grab it, as they sell out quickly and hardly ever come back.

Here is a Link to a pair on Amazon.com that are used and one refurbished pair. CLICK HERE

Here is a Link to the rest of there outdoor speakers. CLICK HERE

I have an old boom box with a 3 disc changer, in the garage that drives the speakers. Works for me.

Dennie

I've totally enjoyed my Frazier Patios acquired for 100.00. As they are highly efficient they have a great sound at low volumes. They are about 15 feet apart and the soundstage at 30 feet or so is truly marvelous. Being in corner-like conditions against brick walls helps a lot.

Actually, I've gotten to where I listen as much there as in my main listening room.

Patios are hard to find, but a no brainer if you stumble on to them.

Dave

Years back Costco sold pairs of Advent speakers called Marbl, must be the predecessor to the Calypso mentioned earlier. Very tought to beat for $50 a pair. Still in service in the laundry room and as a pair of surrounds in my living room. You might be able to find a pair of used Klipsch HS-1's for a reasonable price, if you look around.

Keep an eye on C List. I picked up a sweet pair of 3.2s (a bit rough but perfect for outdoors if you're willing to move them in and out) for nothing and 4 KSB 1s for 75 bucks. Two of them are going to be mounted on my boat this year.

I had some JBL outdoor speakers and do not recommend them.