industrial la scala pair

i've wanted a pair of klipsch all mylife. i recently acquired a pair of la scalas with successive serial numbers 31Y454 & 31Y455. they are type LSBR, black industrials from 1986. inspected by Paul Pack & tested by Ricky Clark. can anyone tell me what i have and the value, etc... any info because i'm very curious about these. piano black. thank you in advance 8)

--------------------------------------

sorry about that :) i took a picture of one of them since they are identical to save space. bit cumbersome to move around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't think those started out as Industrial La Scala speakers. LSBR should stand for La Scala Birch Raw. Someone has apparently rounded the corners, painted them black, and added the handles. If everything works, they might be worth $800.

I'm sure you'll receive other opinions.

Now I have news for all of you experts. I put this on here just to see what kind of answers i would get back and see how legit and knowledgable this forum was.These were made by Klipsch in 86 for our band. They come just like you see them. The corners were rounded and the handles were installed as shown. And yes they were black. We got the bright idea to strip ,them and refinish the birch one time to use in the house. The birch wood grain goes in all different directions unlike a show pair made for your living room and they were made with blem left over wood (ends). A lot of wood putty in many places including a one and one half inch strip across the top of one speaker where the veneer had been pulled offand it had just been filled with wood putty sanded down and painted black. We have used them for many years and they still sound great. And yes they have the 33's in them -Rascal

And if Industrial, would they not have had the K 43's?

And did Klipsch ever use spring loaded handles on anything they ever put out?

Perhaps customised by a Klipsch dealer, as opposed to the factory?

No one is saying that your truth is not accurate, but there are few members(not me) that know both the pro lines and every variation of LS, including prototypes.

I believe if you go to the pro forum, there is a post in there somewhere regarding the 3-4 differences that would indicate the difference between a la scala that was "made up to look industrial" and one that in fact came from Klipsch as an industrial...I think it was in the last 3 months or so...

ACE

No one is saying that your truth is not accurate

I am.

I mean in his own head, a attempt at diplomacy, as no one likes to be called a liar.

He seems to believe it is true and I was trying to elicit more information as to whether the factory or a dealer did the "mods".

However, I also have my doubts as to anyone offering $1000 for these.

Appreciate everybody very much for their input. One of the members offered me $1k for them and they are no longer available. -Rascal

What do you mean no longer available? When were they offered for sale? [8-)] What a weird post.

I would like to congratulate a forum member on the recent acquisition of some new to them La Scalas...where are you? Always wanted a pair...interested to hear your impressions of the "pro" vs standard ect...how come nobody has stepped up and claimed purchasing these?

• 11 years later...