Needed-thoughts and advise

NOZ

I have a chance to pick up an H/K AVR 7200 which is a 7.1 surround. I currently have an AVR 7000 which is 5.1, which is dialed in and sounds amazing.

Do I go to the 7200 and open up a can of worms and try to set up a 7.1 surround. This will cause asthetic problems for the rear surrounds.

I guess I'm asking if it is worth the compromise. (see pic, next post)

I would of course get another pair of Heresys for the rear surround.

• Like 1

The back runs about another 14 feet back and is used for an art table and a computer area. I would have to use stands because I don't want to disturb the other area. Also the speakers would be too far away from the listening area.

A well-configured 5.1 will not be improved dramatically by going to 7.1

Indeed, there is VERY little material in 7.1, probably only a couple dozen movies. Even it you go to 7.1 & hav ethose movies, it's not a mind-blowing difference. I ran 7.1 for a while & didn't miss it at all when I went back to 5.1. Stay with what you have until significant improvements can be made.

Thanks for your opinions. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I figured it would be a whole lot of inconvenience for the result.

I'm very happy with it the way it is.

Looks like a nice sounding room. The other 2 speakers would be very quite and not worth it IMO. Since you are happy, leave it. or, add another sub, that would defiantly be an improvement you would notice.

zaskarx,

The girlfriend would never let me put another sub in there, it already knocks books off the shelves upstairs. lol

Guess you answered your own question................with the Girl Friend comment..............

Myself, the room looks great as it is. Your spending money you don't need to............

(If it ain't broke, don't Fix it)................

My thoughts exactly Bill. I was just toying with the idea, then thought how much better than this can it be. I love it as it is and will be a much cleaner look.

Thanks all for backing up my hunch.