Tuba HT Subwoofer

Billy joe

I finally got the cab done for my Tuba ht Subwoofer. Today i am breaking in the driver. I am using a Klipsch 300 watt Bash amp to power the sub. I plan on painting it black and adding aluminum edging to match my industrials. Should turn out pretty sweet.[:D]

post-27511-1381958388785_thumb.jpg

Looks good, be sure to test for leaks.

Don't break any windows testing your new sub, my woofer took 2 weeks to fully break in and that was after 3 days of running on the bench.

Be sure to post back with your opinion of your new toy. [Y]

Man , i wish i would have built this sub a long time ago. It is really starting to open up now, i have had to turn the gain down a couple of clicks. It handles everything i throw at it, no distortion, just solid bass. It it so different than any other sub i've had. Next weekend i will haul it back to the garage for a paint job. I plan on painting it gloss black. Today i built an enclosure for the Klipsch Bash amp. I will post pictures when i get everyting painted.

Today i spent the day painting the Tuba Subwoofer. I still need to add the aluminum trim to match my Industrials, but that will come later. I have enjoyed building this sub, but i am glad i am done. I put a lot of time into this build. Sorry about the crappy pictures.

post-27511-13819584190364_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Needed to ask a few questions on this sub. I sent you an e-mail, but maybe others will benefit from the discussion. I am looking to replace my SVS 20-39 pc+ in my 7.1 home theater. I need a sub that can reach down in movies with minimal distortion and good output. I have looked at the Danly SPUD, but that enclosure is just too big for the space I have. I am considering the Tuba HT.

How does this sub perform below 20Hz? I can see it is large conpared to the La Scala, but think I might make it work in my room. Plenty of large speakers in that room as it is, but right now I need a good effects sub for the .1 or 7.1. I get great performance from my DBB's with dual RSW-15s for my mains. However, I need a solid sub for movies.

Would you recommend that sub for this application?

I can't really give any advice on how the Tuba does with movies, cause i don't do home theater anymore, but i'm sure there are other Tuba owners on here that could. I built my Tuba HT to use for music to help out the La Scalas on the bottom end. I am sure you will be happy with it if you build one. All of the reviews that i have read have been positive.