R.I.P. RONNIE JAMES DIO

4tay

Heavy metal rocker Ronnie James Dio died Sunday morning after a battle with stomach cancer, his wife announced.

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. 16th May," Wendy Dio said in a message posted on his official website.

Dio, 67, followed Ozzy Osbourne as Black Sabbath's lead vocalist in 1979.

"Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away," she wrote. "Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all."

Post by: CNN's Alan Duke
Filed under: Latest newsShowbiz

R.I.P. TO ONE OF THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCKERS!

Ronnie grew up in Cortland, NY and one member of the original band still lives here. He was a close friend of David Feinstein one of the members of "The Rods" and they often played together when Ronnie was in town. Dave is still recording and performing and owns a restaurant here in town. Ronnie was a great talent and he will be missed.

Frank

Sad to hear,it's not long ago I heard he was ill.I just came back from my brother in laws funeral,cancer.Ronnie was the 'Man on the Silver Mountain",small build, big voice, RIP Ronnie.

I think Ronnie's last Tv appearance was just after his initial treatment. He appeard on VH1 classics "Revolver Golden God awards" and it was one of the only times he got an award.

Eddie Trunk of "That metal show" hosted a half hour tribute to Dio last night.

Dio was far more than just a metal God. He was a well liked, well thought of person with a humanitarian side as well.

Elf-Rainbow-Sabbath-Dio-Heaven and hell