Klipsch Palladium speakers and Paradigm Signature subs...a great match

TheEAR

I find the Klipsch Palladium series speakers to best Paradigm's Signature with ease, however Paradigm's Signature subs have the edge over the Palladium sub, I took the Sub 1 over the Palladium sub. And ordered the Paradigm Sub 2 heavyweight...JL Gotham competitor.

All in all the angels sing and the muisc is simply there. But the ultimate sub cannot be purchased at any store, it will be finished this summer... TC Sounds LMS 5400/Ultra 14 times (eight 15's and six 18's) and 14 DIY Audio drivers( six Maelstrom-X and eight Tempest-X)backed by 14 QSC(PowerLight,PLX2 and Crown iTech,XTI)amps. Now who would want to outdisplace that array? In the wings I am also building four Tuba HT horn subs and Building new ported cabinets for my Acoupower 18's.

Posted Image
By myry8rfw at 2010-05-17

Those Palladium bookshelf models are very sweet for the size of the cabinet they use, the mids sound so natural its hard to believe you're hearing a little bookshelf speaker.

If you don't mind my asking what are those stands you are using with them ?

Looks like you need more subs, hurry up with those Tuba's would you.

By the way i am putting together one of the Table Tuba's just for grins, hope its 1/2 as good as the big brother, probably doing a 16" version and i picked up the Dayton 10" for more output though i probably wont need it.

I find the Klipsch Palladium series speakers to best Paradigm's Signature with ease, however Paradigm's Signature subs have the edge over the Palladium sub, I took the Sub 1 over the Palladium sub. And ordered the Paradigm Sub 2 heavyweight...JL Gotham competitor.

All in all the angels sing and the muisc is simply there. But the ultimate sub cannot be purchased at any store, it will be finished this summer... TC Sounds LMS 5400/Ultra 14 times (eight 15's and six 18's) and 14 DIY Audio drivers( six Maelstrom-X and eight Tempest-X)backed by 14 QSC(PowerLight,PLX2 and Crown iTech,XTI)amps. Now who would want to outdisplace that array? In the wings I am also building four Tuba HT horn subs and Building new ported cabinets for my Acoupower 18's.

dscf2319w.jpg
By myry8rfw at 2010-05-17

Oh get over yourself EAR!!!! Check out that djnick guy!. His earthquake subs will pity the fool that is your set-up any day of the week!!! [:P]

Djnick...yes this happy fella. Well unless his Earthquake subs can displace over 120L of air (linear displacament) they do not even scratch me.Some people have descent great,but the world is vast and you have very ill people like me who do not stop, untill they reach 200L of linear displacement. [:D]

Array composed of 15 and 18" TC Sounds LMS/5400 Ultra drivers in sealed cabinets powered by Crown iTech and QSC PowerLight amps.Bass so defined it is cut with a razor, so capable you are in awe of the bottomless might. Well recorded pipe organ muisc reaches full majesty. cannot be well described.

A total reference, no commerial sub can match it. And this is not a little empty brag. I have and had so many top rated subs, they are ok but TheWALL is simply so much more capable, in extension, output and above all level of definition you can only achieve when using multiple outstanding drivers powered by many kilowatts of quality power. All this set up for the room and not to overpower the rest of the spectrum.

So when people tell me how amazing an SVS Ultra or JL Audio f113 is...LOL Sure they are very good, but there is BETTER, clearly better. The Klipsch Palladium and THX subs are also very good but they can only move so much air and are optimised to extend only that deep.

Problem is most will not find the will,space and money to go as far. This array will take ~190 cu ft. of volume and weigh ~3200 lbs (plus amps) and cost around 60K. So this represents my ultimate goal in bass.

Oh and I am bringing back the Paradigm Sub1 and adding two Sub2 subs(each uses six 10" drivers backed by over 3KW RMS amps on board), my decorative subs. [:D] I have more displacement than major cinemas(in the sub bass).