Running a tube receiver through an integrated amp?

Hey guys im just a novice trying to get some advice before i blow something up! I am presently using a Fisher 500b with some Wharfdale W45s & W60Ds to be exact, and while they sound good to me i cant help thinking they will sound even better with a little more juice running through them? I had them hooked up to an old Yamaha CR 2040 With about 165watts or whatever, and they sounded phenominal ! So now i have this restored Pioneer SA-9800 integrated amp that i want to run the Fisher through. I want to use the Fisher for the smoothness and the Pioneer for the extra power is this possible?

If you mean connecting two amplifiers to the same speakers at the same time then no, you will blow up one or both of the amplifiers.

If your speakers have the capability to be bi-wired or bi-amped then you can use use the tubes for the mid/highs and the solid state for the lows.

i was actually thinking i could use the pre out on the back of the fisher and use the power amp in on the integrated, both of the units have jumpers on the back

Feeding a low level signal from the Fisher to the input of your other amp is fine and will not cause any problems. Disconnect all sources from the integrated amp; even if you remove the jumper between its preamp and power amp sections there could be slight signal bleed-through from internal coupling which could affect the sound quality.

have you personnally ever attempted this with a s-s integrated amp? im being told by some to use a straight power amp, not an integrated so im a bit shy cause repairs aint cheap in these here parts and there arent any "qualified" tube repair guys locally! on the back of the fisher it has 1st an in to in and 2nd reverb out so i should go from the reverb out to the power amp in on the integrated amp correct? the in to in and reverb outs are where the jumpers are connected!

have you personnally ever attempted this with a s-s integrated amp? im being told by some to use a straight power amp, not an integrated so im a bit shy cause repairs aint cheap in these here parts and there arent any "qualified" tube repair guys locally! on the back of the fisher it has 1st an in to in and 2nd reverb out so i should go from the reverb out to the power amp in on the integrated amp correct? the in to in and reverb outs are where the jumpers are connected!

An integrated amp is nothing more than a power amp with a preamp section. Going to a straight power amp is totally unnecessary. The easiest way to do the connection is to run cables from the "recorder output" jacks of the Fisher to the auxiliary, cd, or tuner inputs of the integrated amp and use its volume control to set your listening level. All of your source components are connected to, and accessed from, the Fisher. Assuming that the integrated amp has a decent preamp section, this should achieve your goal. Thinking back, I don't believe the Fisher allows its preamp to be used as a separate entity from its power amp (I can check the schematic if you want to know for sure). The reverb in/out jacks of the Fisher are probably in the circuit before the Fisher's volume control, so they can not be used as you desire.

wanted to say thanks tried it this morning been listening for about 45 mns now smooth sound with the power to really get the best out of these speakers thanks alot

Glad it worked out well for you. Forgot to mention to keep the volume control of the Fisher turned all the way down (having no speakers or load connected could be a bit rough on the output tubes if you turned the control up); alternatively, get a couple of 25 watt/8 ohm resistors and connect one across the speaker terminals for each channel. Then you don't have to think about it.