RF-7 on backorder?

Klipsch website also said Cornwalls were on backorder.

Are these speakers that popular?

I think that is good news, as a lot of us are buying used Klipsch speakers, which does not help Klipsch keep the doors open. So it is good to see.

But, if you are waiting for them, I guess it would suck! As we all know, waiting just sucks!! [:(]

Dennie

I would lean toward Solid state with the Reference and Tubes with Heritage...or let's just say the RF line tolerates SS a little better IMHO. I've used both with both...don't blast me...just a small insignificant comment...what are you driving with?

BS

I would lean toward Solid state with the Reference and Tubes with Heritage...or let's just say the RF line tolerates SS a little better IMHO. I've used both with both...don't blast me...just a small insignificant comment...what are you driving with?

BS

BS

If I buy the RF-7s I will most likely drive them with McIntosh C 26 pre and Carver CM-1090.

I've got RF 7s in my system, I use them for both HT and 2 channel. I listen to all my music in stereo unless they are music dvd's or blu rays. I've got my 7's setup ideally for 2 ch listening then HT and I love them for both. The 7s really kick out the jams.

I haven't listened to alot of "high end" speakers or the heritage line much but I would say the 7s are a worthy 2 channel speaker with or without a sub.

• Moderators

It could have changed in the last couple of years, but the way they were doing it was to make a run of one or two models at a time, and make a bunch. Then switch to another model and do the same thing, when we took a tour they were building, I think it was the RF-83. There were hundreds being built in a run, amazing to see in person and the quality still high on every speaker, we could look at every one.

Go to the Pilgramage in Hope, you will see it live in person.

All I have is Heritage gear but Im very very interested in RF-7s. Especially for 2 channel listening.

If you own heritage & are obviously used to that sound I think you ought to listen to the reference line before you place your order.

I have heard a set of not the most recent RF-7s. IMHO they sounded as good or better than any of the reference speakers. IMHO ther are at their best in a shared HT/2ch situation. The ones I heard were through a Denon HT receiver in the CD or 2 ch mode which is not a fair comparison. But stil not bad.

I have heard K horns- lascalas- cornwalls-hereseys in Heritage. Personally I cant see any reason- going to RF 7s over Heritage for 2 ch IMHO . If I were looking for 2 ch quality I would be looking at tubes and modded K horns-Cornwalls -or Lascallas which are easily driven with anything in terms of an amp. I started out with some older mac stuff and traded my way into some better tubes while enjoying the speakers all along. The larger Heritage speakers are the overwhelming choice for 2 ch on this forum. I would be looking at-uprgading or modding within the Heritage line-upgrading amps or preamps preferably tubes-upgrading cd or TT/cart.

To each his own but I would do some serious listening and comparing before switching from Heritage to Rf7s for 2 channel applications. Just my 2 cts worth. In any case best of luck on your choices.

I too am waiting on backordered gear- Zu Audio mods for Denon cartridges are out until this fall- Waiting does indeed suck

ANyone using these speakers for just 2 channel....if so what are your thoughts?

Hi there RunninShine, I have my 7's running through a Yammy M-80 (250 wpc). These things are a little slice of heaven in my opinion. I listened to them in the show room and was impressed, I finally got them home and holy smokes, I was so happy I nearly cried. The RF-7 is the most incredible speaker I have ever had the chance to audition. I know how bad it is having to wait also. I had to put mine on layaway for a few weeks and it was nearly unbearable. I would have waited much longer if that is what it took though. If I were you, bite the bullet and get them ordered...YESTERDAY!!!

Keep on Rockin'

Matt