Sea Bacon

seti

What is the greatest food in the world?

Bacon

What makes Bacon so good?

Salt

What makes the best food in the world?

Happy Food

What is the happiest place in the world?

Bahamas

There are only so many clues you can garner from these questions so I present to you.

Bacon.

Salt.

Happy Food

Bahamas.

The only thing missing is BBQ.

What I am about to show you could make you dizzy with hunger. I will not rest until I have Sea Bacon.

exumas%20swimming%20pigs.JPG

Just think they spend their entire lives on the beach and in the ocean. Self brining pigs. All that salt water soaking in to the skin and drying in the sun day after day until grill day. OMG this must be the best food in the world.

swimming%20pigs%20being%20fed.jpg

Sea Bacon!

swmming-pig-tamw.jpg

I showed this thread to my wife...... Her comment was..... "You are a swine..." Smiled and left for work.

T'was the Pig Fair last December

A day I well remember, as I staggered about in drunken pride.

As my knees began to flutter, I sank down in a gutter

And a pig came up and lay down by me side

As I lay there in the gutter thinking thoughts I could not utter,

I thought I heard a passing lady say,

"You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses",

And with that.... the pig got up and walked away.....

Those wonderful bacons on legs. They go into the water every day getting salty sea water on their skin then coming out into the sun where it gets baked in. They must repeat this process thousands of times. This has got to be good.

The girls just happen to be in the pics. I'm excited about the bacon. Now that I have typed it that seems a little disturbing.

echeng080515_0162044.jpg

It's nice to see some clean pigs for a change, and they seem to be good swimmers too. I'll bet their meat ends up too lean if they excercise like that all the time. Since I am watching my Blood pressure, the added salt wouldn't be good for me.

Those wonderful bacons on legs. They go into the water every day getting salty sea water on their skin then coming out into the sun where it gets baked in. They must repeat this process thousands of times. This has got to be good.

The girls just happen to be in the pics. I'm excited about the bacon. Now that I have typed it that seems a little disturbing.

echeng080515_0162044.jpg

I must have it really bad for bacon. I don't see any girls in this picture? Guess I better get to the eye doctor.

I think fat and salt are the tastes we love in bacon. Otherwise we'd just eat ham or Canadian bacon.

Mark - we really love bacon but pork loins are extremely low in fat. Probably as healthy as boneless skinless chicken breasts.

But bacon is so good.

• Moderators

Mark - we really love bacon but pork loins are extremely low in fat. Probably as healthy as boneless skinless chicken breasts.

But bacon is so good.

We eat alot of pork loins, I like to slice them about 1" to 2" thick, wrap them with BACON and use toothpicks to hold the bacon on, slow grill . You get two parts of the pig this way, you could always eat some cracklings with the beer while your grilling to get a little more pig ? [:P]

Another way they like them around here is sliced at about 1/4" put through eggs and breaded with a good Italian bread crumbs and pan fried, the same goes for Eggplant.

We eat alot of pork loins, I like to slice them about 1" to 2" thick, wrap them with BACON and use toothpicks to hold the bacon on, slow grill . You get two parts of the pig this way, you could always eat some cracklings with the beer while your grilling to get a little more pig ? Stick out tongue

That sounds awesome. We sometimes cut up and grill as pork chops after marinating in Lawry's pineapple teriyaki marinade. Or smoke it on the smoker. I think the last one we bought went into the crock pot as we didn't get it on the smoker ... and it was very good that way. Also may excellent tacos shredded up and was really good with some barbecue sauce.

And the best thing they are often an awesome bargain. Get 'em on sale at the local Kroger for as little sas $1.67 a pound. Don't know how many times I've went Krogering thinking slab of beef for the smoker and get the pork loin on sale when beef's closer to $4 a pound or even $2.59 a pound.

Dang Dtel you're making me hungry. (Had some really tasty fish tacos at Don Pablos today for lunch [:D] )

The girls did someting with apple juice and/or maybe apple butter to a picnic pork roast (not sure what that is but it is labeled picnic) a couple of weeks ago and it was crazy good. Probably doesn't hurt taste wise that the picnic roast was not at all lean.

• Moderators

And the best thing they are often an awesome bargain. Get 'em on sale at the local Kroger for as little sas $1.67 a pound. Don't know how many times I've went Krogering thinking slab of beef for the smoker and get the pork loin on sale when beef's closer to $4 a pound or even $2.59 a pound.

Exactly, and there all meat, no bone and very lean, although I like a little fat on them to keep them juicy when cooking.

And your right, they taste great smoked. I have never tried one marinated, I use chicken mostly when I use marinades because chicken is hard to get flavor IN the meat.

I grilled some chicken tonight that was marinated for 3 days, it was good.... for chicken.

It's nice to see some clean pigs for a change, and they seem to be good swimmers too

Pigs are one of the few animals that aren't covered with fur and they're prone to getting sunburned. I think they like to use mud as sunblock, not because they're slobs.

• Moderators

It's nice to see some clean pigs for a change, and they seem to be good swimmers too

Pigs are one of the few animals that aren't covered with fur and they're prone to getting sunburned. I think they like to use mud as sunblock, not because they're slobs.

Your right and it also helps with biting bugs.