Belles vs KLF-30

rennoc442

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The belles (la scalas in a tuxedo) have an enormous, big speaker sound and impact. The immediacy is powered by the folded horn woofer. HOWEVER, they cut off so high they need a sub.

If you have the space, the belles will outperform the KLF-30 everywhere from 80hz and up.

Not to mention the huge variety of premium upgrades that can be done on a Belle.

When it comes to horns, there is no replacement for displacement...and wide throat horns.

The belles (la scalas in a tuxedo) have an enormous, big speaker sound and impact. The immediacy is powered by the folded horn woofer. HOWEVER, they cut off so high they need a sub.

If you have the space, the belles will outperform the KLF-30 everywhere from 80hz and up.

Not to mention the huge variety of premium upgrades that can be done on a Belle.

When it comes to horns, there is no replacement for displacement...and wide throat horns.

I agree.

From the Klipsch website.......

Product_145086.jpg

Specifications

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 54Hz-17kHz(+-) 3dB
POWER HANDLING 100w max continuous (400w peak)
SENSITIVITY 103dB @ 1watt/1meter
MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT 120dB SPL
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF: 4500 Hz
MF: 450 Hz
MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT 120dB SPL
TWEETER K-77-F 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm
compression driver
MIDRANGE K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm
compression driver
MID FREQUENCY HORN Exponential Horn
WOOFER K-33-E 15" Fiber-composite cone / folded
horn-loaded
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL Birch Plywood and Medium Density
Fiberboard (MDF)
ENCLOSURE TYPE Fully horn-loaded
DIMENSIONS 35.625" (90.5cm) x 30.125" (76.5cm) x
18.75" (47.6cm)
WEIGHT 125 lbs. (56.75kg)
FINISHES Walnut Lacquer, Mahogany Lacquer, Medium
Oak Lacquer, Black Lacquer, and Unfinished Oak
BUILT FROM 1971
BUILT UNTIL 2005

product_119937.jpg

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 36Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
POWER HANDLING 200 watts maximum continuous (800 watts
peak)
SENSITIVITY 102dB @ 1watt/1meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF 7,000 Hz
LF 825 Hz
TWEETER K-79-K 1" (2.54cm) Polymer diaphragm
compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN 90(o)x40(o) Exponential Horn
MIDRANGE K-52 1.5" (3.81cm) Polymer diaphragm
compression driver
MID FREQUENCY HORN 90(o)x60(o) Tractrix® Horn
WOOFER Two K-31-K 12" (30.48cm) Poly Carbon
Graphite cones
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL Medium density fiberboard construction
(MDF)
ENCLOSURE TYPE Bass reflex via dual rear-mounted ports
DIMENSIONS 45.25" (114.94cm) x 14" (35.56cm) x 16"
(40.64cm)
WEIGHT 102 lbs. (46.31kg)
FINISHES Light Oak, Medium Oak, Mahogany, Black
Satin
BUILT FROM 1996
BUILT UNTIL 2001

I dont have alot of space, the klf's are just about right size for the room. But for now I dont mind putting bigger speakers in, I wont be in this small house forever u know. Just as long as I will keep them forever, meaning I have to love the sound. I dont like the thought of adding a sub to love the sound of the belles. Should I just skip the belles and be happy with my KLF's? I really want the belles though.

Anyone live in the orlando area with a pair of belles? I would like to hear them.

If you have the space, get the Belles! Awe Heck, even if you don't have the space....GET THE BELLES!!! [Y]

I didn't have room for my La Scalas, but I got them anyway. Boy, am I glad I did!

The Fully Horn Loaded speaker is a sound like no other! [:P]

Dennie

They are classic, beautful and will always do just what you want them to.

Now, if I could only find a WIFE like that!!! Confused

(Paul did and her name was Belle) Wink

Dennie

Well said Dennie.

When I brought home my La Scala the wife said "wtf...where are we gonna put these?" Now, we would never let them go.

I wish I still had Belles but when I had them they were in corners. This may have added a little more low end. I was never unhappy with the bass from Belles. Adding a sub didn't help much. It just didn't have the same high quality bass. You'd have to add a pretty big horn sub to keep the quality on pair. Belles are awesome I'd gladly own another pair.

My SVS PB12/+2 keeps up with the 5 Belles pretty nicely, thank you.

GET THE BELLES!

Not that much down there in the music I listen to. I am getting ready to try the sub with the 2 channel Belles though just to see.

GET THE BELLES!

edit: I have not heard the KLF series so I cannot be objective here but I have in the past or currently have Chorus IIs, Forte IIs, Quartets, Belles and for a short time Khorns

Get the .......

My SVS PB12/+2 keeps up with the 5 Belles pretty nicely, thank you.

GET THE BELLES!

Not that much down there in the music I listen to. I am getting ready to try the sub with the 2 channel Belles though just to see.

GET THE BELLES!

I was hoping you were going to chime in USN! But, I thought you would say get the KLF's?!?!?![:o] [;)]

My SVS 20-39 PC Plus does a great job of filling in the bottom end, for my La Scalas. But a lot of the time, it isn't even on.

GET THE BELLES!!!

Dennie

I can think of a number of subs that worked perfectly with bells and la scalas over the years. They sound amazing when the bottom octave is filled it. It's like an orchestra in your home. I prefer a very potent/large sub like 15 or 18" depending on the make.

I already have a pair of KLF-30's and love them! Ive just always wanted to get the heritage series, and the belles look sweet! I want the khorns, but I dont have the room or I dont think I will ever have the right room to make them sound their best. I was told that the belles are like the khorns, just without the need for corners and a big *** room!

Now, if I could only find a WIFE like that!!! Confused

(Paul did and her name was Belle) Wink

With due respect to the people involved, I wonder if this implies that he had a girlfriend in college named Klipschorn and a later girlfriend named LaScala?

Just trying to keep an open mind....

[8-)]

[:P]