Belles vs KLF-30

rennoc442

There is a guy on this forum selling a pair of belles in miami, about 3hrs from me. I am still waiting to hear back from him to see pics before I decide to drive that far. If it doesnt pan out I will keep looking for la scallas or belles. Im guessing either or I will be happy with! I actually think la scallas would fit in my room better, being not as wide as the belles.

If you cannot locate Belles, just remember the lowest plain jane La Scala (flat black/pro) can be kissed by a Prince and turn into a swan. On this forum, folks have re-stained, re-painted and re-veneered la scalas to look far better than factory. That is: cherry, bubinga and other beautiful active grain wood finishes. La scalas can dazzle.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im guessing either or I will be happy with! I actually think la scallas would fit in my room better, being not as wide as the belles.

Maybe for your room LaScalas would be the better choice but for mine it's Belles . Because of the increased depth and narrower width there's no way I could use 5 LaScalas . It all depends on what you want to do . I have A/B'd the 2 speakers side by side many years ago and I prefered the Belles . To me and this is just my experience in the Klipsch room at a local dealer the Belles had a warmer sound and were less in your face than the LaScalas . Don't get me wrong here they are both definitely in your face and will energize the heck out of the room but the Belles had a warmer sound that I prefered . My buddy who was doing the buying chose the LaScalas . Once I found out the price difference it was a no brainer why the LaScalas won out .I have never heard the KLF30's but would like to . Alot of folks here will tell you the KLF's are the best rock n roll speakers Klipsch produced and I have no reason to doubt them . But man , the live presentation that Belles or LaScalas can give you is incredible !Here's a gratuitous somewhat old pic of my setup and that is a 60" 120lb plasma sitting happily on top of my center Belle .Posted Image

[. To me and this is just my experience in the Klipsch room at a local dealer the Belles had a warmer sound and were less in your face than the LaScalas .

DSCN3035.jpg

ZZ top! Or as they say in Canada "Zed Zed Top!"

There are a set of La Scalas for sale in Florida (as previous post) and they are pre-modded (same parts used to mod the Belle) So audio performance issues are gone. I can't wait to get my hands on some la scalas (or belles) and turbo charge them with goodies.

Do you have a close pic of just the belles? It looks like they have a darker finish, like walnut oil...?

SWL I have the same set up three belles across the front. I also have a svs pb ultra 12/2. My sunfire tgp5 has the sub integrated in the stereo mode for 2 channel listening. I have the sub in the center front and the sound seems pretty seemless. I've tried the parametric eq on my sub several times and I really can't tell much difference. I can't tell if I did it right I couldn't find much of any real peaks. I know I don't get a bang in the chest bass but it shakes the house and doesn't sound boomey at all. I have it crossed at 60 and I also tried it at 80. I think crossed at 60 the belles take over and give it a more musical sound down to 60. I could be imagining that. I'm pushing my belles with a tga 400. So 400 watts going to crites woofers put out some very good base. Let me know if you think I'm doing anything wrong. I like tinkering with it to get better sound.

Do you have a close pic of just the belles? It looks like they have a darker finish, like walnut oil...?

The front 3 are walnut oil . The rear surrounds are walnut lacquer and noticeably lighter in color . Here's a pic with better lighting when I was putting everything back together after the ceiling was replaced .Posted ImageAnd 1 of my first pair being unpacked . Posted Image And 1 of the rear surrounds . Posted Image

The front 3 are walnut oil . The rear surrounds are walnut lacquer and noticeably lighter in color . Here's a pic with better lighting when I was putting everything back together after the ceiling was replaced . And 1 of my first pair being unpacked . DSCN1747.jpg And 1 of the rear surrounds .

Super nice!

Having an all-Belle surround is amazing! A Belle center channel---it doesn't get any better than that!

No problem, it's just been one of those personal attack/troll gang-up weeks by non-modders and even a Klipsch engineer with an axe to grind against the mod community. One moment it's "You don't need measurements" the next "You must prove it with measurements." lose/lose....

VMPS (and others) recommend an external active xover for best results. I agree.

Where did you go buddy? You never said how you had your sub hooked up. [;)]

No problem, it's just been one of those personal attack/troll gang-up weeks by non-modders and even a Klipsch engineer with an axe to grind against the mod community. One moment it's "You don't need measurements" the next "You must prove it with measurements." lose/lose....

VMPS (and others) recommend an external active xover for best results. I agree.

Where did you go buddy? You never said how you had your sub hooked up. Wink

Believe it or not, he was Banned! Imagine That! [:|]

Dennie

Too bad he was banned, I thought he added good commentary to the forum.
Tread very very lightly 'round here I guess.

Agree.

I too thought he added to the forum, but I also felt his "people skills" were lacking a little. We don't call each other Trolls and we don't treat new members like Trolls, but he has been calling "us" Trolls from shortly after he joined. I just didn't get that?!

Dennie

Tread very very lightly 'round here I guess

At the risk of being "social" instead of stating Klipsch only commentary let me say this. While at times some folks get a little out of hand in their words and 'photos', I have been a member of forums for some time now (BBS back in the early '90s paying a dollar a minute long distance charges from Iceland)
and the Klipsch forum is one of the best behaved I have been on.

I do have an issue with the forum mods having a heavy hand on speaker modifications. I would be equally peeved if a General Motors moderator came on the forum to tell me that my 1969 Z-28 Camaro could never be improved upon from how it left the factory.

Did I buy it from them new? YES

Did I modify it from factory specs? YES

Did I love it off the factory assembly line? YES

Have I been loyal to Chevrolet and buy from them new? YES, since 1968 and way more since then than I want to stop and count now.

Have I bought used Chevrolets? YES

Did I modify them to make them mine? YES, both new and used.

You don't want other folks selling on YOUR forum, charge them a commercial fee to advertise but don't be so naive that you think your 20 - 30 - 40 year old Klipsch factory model can not be improved upon, how friggin' arrogant.

OK so I got them! Man they are nice! Almost in mint condition! I only paid $1200! The guy delievered them to my house, and helped me set em up! very cool guy! He got them brand new, and they have been in storage for 10yrs. He doesnt have the room for them, and was tired of paying storage fees for 10yrs on the belles. I can understand that. It was a sad moment, he didnt want to get rid of them.

post-42057-13819584397158_thumb.jpg

$1200?! Delivered?! [:S] Great Price!

Congratulations, I know you're going to love them.

Yeah, tell us how you like them. They sure look great!

Dennie

PS Sorry that your thread got a little Hi-Jacked, but we're back on track now! [Y]