2 Towers = Klipsch WF-35

Center Channel = Klipsch WC-24

2 Surround Speakers = Klipsch B-2

Center Rear Surround = Klipsch VC-25

Sub = Klipsch Sub-10

I
am using all Monster -QuickLock Gold Banana Connector. I have about a
half of a spool of Monster XP NW Compact Precision Standard High
Resolution Speaker Cable with Magnetic Flux Tube & LPE Dialectric.
I am not sure what AWG it is. Is this sufficient or should I invest in
a different speaker wire? Please advise!

Respect~

• Like 1

Monster is too cheap. You need audioquest all the way. Extensive research has shown that return on investment with speaker wire is exponential. Every 10 dollars or more a foot you spend on speaker wire will make your experience so much better. Personally I wouldn't spend less than 100 dollars per foot on speaker wire and interconnects.

You definitely wouldn't want to go and buy 12-14 guage wire and some place like monoprice.com. That stuff is so inexpensive that it cannot be good, right? [;)]

Also, there is already a speaker wire question on the first page of this forum.

• Moderators

I really hope that Mister's comments are in total sarcasm. Either that or he is a salesman for audioquest. [:P]

Here is the thread he referred to.

Your Monster cable will work just fine. Since you already have it, there is no need to buy additional wire unless you have long runs and maybe the cable is 16 ga and you prefer to get 12 or 14 ga wire.

I personally no longer buy Monster cables because they are way overpriced. Are they bad cables? No. Are they a marketing ripoff? Yep.

The monster xp is 16 guage. I have it running to my surrounds right now, i got it free with a speaker purchase. I bought a spool of monoprice 12 guage that i will be replacing it with once i get my new surrounds up and configured. The xp works but once i start using a better surround speaker i will make the switch to the 12 guage

I have/had a small fortune tied up in monster wires and interconnects. I drank the kool aid and bought off on the ads before I knew better. I have had several failures connected with monster interconnects( ends fell the &&^^ off) Power strip was traced to be the source of a ground loop. I have never had an out right problem with monster speaker wire so if you are running a short distance it will most likely be ok. The Monster is junk with fancy outer surfaces and tiny little wires inside. The monoprice or Blue Jean are both high quality products at a fair price. I will replace all of my HT speaker cables with the same Belden 12 ga sold by Blue Jean. Monoprice is the equiv. Good stuff. I am down to several sets of Monster interconnects. I cant lose them fast enough.

Monoprice 12 gauge wire is used for all my speakers with the exception of my center. Still have some Monster Cable connected to that. Didn't have enough left over from the 100 foot roll that I bought. [:(]