HDTV wall Mount ?

seti

I need a wall mount for my flat HDTV that can mount to the wall and swing out abit. It also needs to be able to hold my cable box and dvd player. I've searched several sites but I must be missing it. What is the best site to find such a wall mount for tv etc?

It's not that hard really. if you can get to the stud - it's verystreight forward. if not - you may want to put a horizontal block behind the wall and attach it to the studs. Then close the wall and bolt to the block.

It's not that hard really. if you can get to the stud - it's verystreight forward. if not - you may want to put a horizontal block behind the wall and attach it to the studs. Then close the wall and bolt to the block.

I wish I could do that, we have wainscoting and chair rail above it. It would be opening a can of worms that my wife would complain about. If I put a piece of 3/4 plywood behind the moun and attached it to the studs would that support the mount?

Thanks for the quick response

I just finished installing a 55" t.v. for a friend of mine and ran into the same problem. I used 2x4s across a 20" span and then screwed lag bolts into the 2x4s. His mount was quite heavy, not to mention the t.v. Took 3 people to lift the t.v. and mount up onto the bracket. How heavy is your t.v. and mount? Lag bolts w/washers would hold the plywood fine. Put some blocks behind the plywood so you have enough room to get nuts and washers behind the plywood and bolt it on or get some locking nuts that you will place on the back of the plywood. The bolts will draw the nuts into the plywood. Hope this helps.

Yes -that would actually work. In that case i would highly recommend getting a thick rectengular piece of plywood, putting some synthetic paddign and then wrapping it with rough cloth (similar to the ones used for old speaker grills). That mount the TV/Cable mount on it. That way you could add a nice decorative piece and provide for a solid mount support.

But then again - I always have ideas that even my wife doesn't want me to even attempt. Not for the lack of skills, but because it always takes longer than I plan for originally.

Oh duh!!!!! I wasn't even thinking two seperate mounts! Sometimes it is the bloody obvious I miss. Thanks for that. The TV mount won't work but it doesn't matter because they are seperate. I can find a swing out wall mound.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Exactly - Monoprice!

57151.jpg41731.jpg

This set will run you about $60 :)

I know monoprice is cheap, but in the cae of wall mounts, you get what you pay for. Take a look at some Sanus mounts, I have had much better experience with them than monoprice mounts. But, I have also never had a TV fall off the wall with any mount.