RIP Dennis Hopper

What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullshit, man!

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

post-11993-13819584489982_thumb.jpg

Ther is a resturant in charleston that I like. Supposedly according to the waitress JImmy Buffet and Dennis Hopper sat at the same table where we dined.

Lot's of restaurants here in Charleston . I work at Magnolias . The first time I waited on Mr. Hopper was at 82 Queen . I remember because the OJ chase was going on while he was dining .

Mike , folks like you have kept us going for 20 years . There is a reason I have been there for 14 years . Can't go wrong working at a quality establishment that consistantly puts out great food and does more quality business day in and day out than any other establishment in downtown Charleston . Give me a holler , always cool to meet fellow forum members .

CBC Radio re-played an extended 1980s interview with Dennis Hopper last week which included a long discussion of his art collection. He was a far more thoughtful fellow than I realized, since I'd only seen him in his acting roles. He knew good art, and why it was good.