Forte II...need your opinions on this sale

jwwrs

OK guys, I should have checked in on these sooner, but I expected that the price plus shipping would be too high.

They are on ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-FORTE-II-FLOOR-STANDING-SPEAKERS-OAK-/120575693202?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item1c12df1192 '> http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-FORTE-II-FLOOR-STANDING-SPEAKERS-OAK-/120575693202?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item1c12df1192

I have pretty much given up on finding a pair of Chorus IIs that are reasonable, and even though that would be my 1st choice, after extensive reading on here, these may be just as appropriate for my room size...14X24 approx. with the speakers along the long wall.

Shipping on these are 175.00 to my locale.

I'm just asking for your opinions as to worth and condition plus the tear in one of the passives. I'm not going to flop around on the floor if these turn out to not be mine, I still have my Heresys. There is a little over 9 hours left, so I figure I'll get enough input by the time it's over with.

Just wanted input from the only place where opines really matter.

TIA

Randall

Frank, the biggest problem I have with buying Klipsch is my location, NE Mississippi. It's a little like being in a Klipsch void. The only person that I know of on this forum within any reasonable distance from me is BS Button. And I do realize that not all owners are members of this foum, but even using CL with a 150 mile radius of me, the pickins are poor. Nashville is 3 hrs from me, Memphis 1.5, but there is rarly ever anything within reason(distance and price) .

That's all my whining for right now, thanks for the reply.

And, I may very well pass on these.

The bad...almost 5 hrs one way. And I haven't done any research/reading on Quartets.

The good...I might be able to drive a little more and meet dtel and Mrs. dtel. If I'm not being too presumptuous.

Thanks

jwwrs,

Be patient Padawan, and don't let that money burn a hole in your pocket. The deals do exist, but you have to stay vigilent and continually look for them and be able to strike with cash at a seconds notice. Less then a year and a half ago, I made the trip from NW Ohio down to Southern tennesse for a pair of black laqured 1998 home La Scalas in much nicer condition then those Forte' s for the pricey sum of $600 cash.

Roger

I paid $275 for my near mint Forte II fronts and $375 for my near mint Forte I surrounds. Both were purchased through craigslist and both were within an hour's drive. Its really not worth having speakers such as Fortes shipped due to the cost and potential for damage.

I DO appreciate everyone's input and have decided I'll wait out a better pair before I pull the trigger.

Thanks to all.

Now I can put all my attention on smoking a couple of Boston Butts.

Again, Thank Yall, just keep me in mind if you see something I miss. You know what I'm looking for.

Randall

• Moderators

Jwwrs, if you find anything down this way I could help with picking up, and If I hear anything ( it's rare here ) I will let you know. It took me 3 years to find two pair of Forte ll's and one original pair, 2 pair in Louisiana and one pair in Florida.

Stephen, that's my intentions. And I HAVE at least learned that virtue.

On a more personal note, Please look for a PM sometime in the near future not related to the forum.

Like within the next day or two.

Thanks,

Randall