New Crossovers

I just ordered a pair of new crossovers from Bob Crites today. My forte II's date back to early '92, I am the original owner. Everything is original to this point. Thought I would go with new rather than rebuild so that I can switch back and forth, or if I ever sell. In any case, I am looking forward to installing ASAP. I have read a lot of posts from folks who rebuilt original. Has anyone else completely replaced? What are your before and after thoughts on the change?

Thanks.

John

Bernie, I'm still loving my LS. I can't imagine ever getting rid of them. Even the fiancee knows I won't get rid of them when we marry. What more could a guy want...? [;)] (Don't answer that...)

Bruce

Bernie, I'm still loving my LS. I can't imagine ever getting rid of them. Even the fiancee knows I won't get rid of them when we marry. What more could a guy want...? Wink (Don't answer that...)

Bruce

Hi Bruce! Those were nice La Scalas. They were my second pair. I'd still have them if I didn't come across the Khorns. I've been following some of your posts and have kept up with them as they've been growing up.[:D]

• 1 month later...

Well, I got the new crossovers from Bob a couple of weeks ago, and they look amazing! I went with all new rather than just updating the caps. I am sure the componenets that Bob uses are better than anything that came out of the factory. Unfortunately I have been tied up with other commitments and have not had the time to replace. Durring the lull I ordered the replacement titanium tweeter diaphragms from Bob as well. Thinking why tear it apart twice? My Forte II's were born in early '92, so it is time. Pristine after many years of babying, it is time to take care of the innards. I will post my thoughts of the upgrade hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

I will let you know of my findings. One thought; heard of a forum member or two trying to sell the replacement diaphragm for the forte/forteII after installing. Both said it was too laid back for their liking. However I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the crossover and titanium tweeter diapragm. Not trying to discourage you, just thought I would let you know what I have seen on the forum.

That is the thing about this hobby what works for one person in their system may not work in your system. Just have to try things for yourself.

Once I get BEC's new crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphragms I will wait 2-3 months and try the midrange upgrade and see if I like it.