KLF-30 Problems

avidfan

I have a pair of of KLF 30"s im my system.I use them as surrounds,with K horns as my main speakers.I noticed some distortion the other day.I unplugged theM from my power amp,and tested them on a new amp that I bought at a local retailer.THE AMPS MENU SAID THAT IT WAS OVER LOADING AND TURED ITSSELF OFF.I heard some sound from the tweeters.To make sure it wasn't the amp, I tested it on the Khorns ,there was no problem.Please bare with me I am new to the audio world and have no knowledge of speakers.Your help would be greately appreciated,I think I blew something in them,and I will have trouble getting them serviced because I live in Alaska.Thanks.

• 1 month later...

avidfan

I suspect your may have a short in your speaker lines. This would cause the amp to report an overload condition. I would be inclined to remove the present lines completely and try using a couple of short runs of any type of insulated wire. If the issue recurs using different wire then you will have confirmed that the problem with the speakers.

avidfan

You will get more response if you resubmit this post in the Troubleshooting Forum that is listed 2nd from the top on the forums list under the category Home Audio.

You have posted this in the Pro audio area which is oriented toward Theatre sound and concert sound. The folks that browse this area would be very knowledgeable but relatively few in number. The home audio buffs are,(like me), rarely to be seen in this area

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)