The 2010 Picky Report

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very artful and colorful; a real taste of Mexico...

That decore is very similiar to this place called "El Grand Charro" which is just up the hill from where I work. Next time I am in there, I'll have to get some pics.

Yeah, that was awesome and so glad it turned out as well as it did. Hopefully, the next time, I'll actually make it there, without any SNAFUs with the airlines. [:o]. Maybe taking the bus would've been a better idea in my case. [:P]

THANK YOU:

Verna and I would like to take the opportunity to thank a few people: (before we fall off the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower!)

Dr.Who: If it weren't for your generosity in contacting us last Wednesday morning and offering that if we could drive to your place in Chicago, that you would provide us with a ride to Hope and back and we could have your spare dousble bed in your hotel room. You also put us up at you home for 3 nights. We had so much fun driving down with you and spending time at your home. Tahnk you so much. Without you, we would have been unable to attend this event. Thanks also to your grandparents for allowing you to trade your car for their van for the trip so all of us would have more room.

Customsteve01: Thanks man, for letting Verna and I use your car a couple of times!

Trey Cannon: Thanks so much for always thinking of us and for allowing me to play with your "big boy toys" (TV cameras) again. Thanks also for everything you did to prepare for this weekend! You are awesome, brother!

Jim Hunter: For all that you do and the expertise in which you do it. Your work on the Klipsch Museum and the Klipsch Archives is impeccable.. As tedious as such work is, you must have the patience of Job, sir and we can all see how passionate you are in your work. Hat's off to you. It is always our pleasure to spend time with you when we can.

Steve Phillips: The man behind the scenes. If only everyone knew all that you do. Thanks for showing us around the engineering wing and thanks for the fans! You are a good friend, sir and we always enjoy talking with you. We're looking forward to seeing you next time.

Arkytype: Thanks for the name tags. They helped a great deal.

Seti: It was a pleasure meeting you for dinner in Little Rock at Bosco's and thanks for setting up the LaScala's in your room and also for the beer. Looking forward to next time.

kaiser SET say: Thanks for bringing your Industrial LaScala's and setting them up in the room for us! It was great to see you.

ssh: Thanks for bringing your Peach and JFL2A3s to power things in seti's room and thanks for your generosity in the charity auction.

Seadog: You are there every year, man. It would not be the same without you. Thanks for the Cornwalls and the great photos. I always look forward to seeing you. You have a couple of great boys, sir. It was nice to meet them.

Amy Unger: Thanks for helping to organize things on the Indy-side and on the web. Sorry you didn't make it this year.

Michael Hurd: As always bro, it was a real pleasure spending time with you. The ride down and back with you was hilarious! I'd do it again in a minute. Thanks for going into Chicago with us on the train. We hope to see you again real soon.

dtel: It's always some much fun to see you and Christie. It's a shame she wasn't feeling well this year. We hope she gets better real soon. Thanks so much for taking care of the photographs! You da man!

Jay481985: It's always a blast to talk to you and it was great fun riding down to Hope with you. It was so quiet on the trip back home because you rode home with dtel and Christie. Thanks for being such a good friend. We hope you are having a great time with the dtels!

Thanks to all of our fellow forum members for putting up with my Picky Report ramblings every year and also for sending me corrections when you see my mistakes.

Thanks to the people of the Klipsch Plant for allowing us into your home for a while and for showing us your southern hospitality. You folks are all so passionate and skilled that it really shows in the products you turn out and in the manner in which you speak about them. You have much to be proud of here. Thank you!

Thanks to the town of Hope for putting up with the noise Friday and Saturday night!

And finally, thanks to Klipsch for making this all possible and especially Fred Klipsch for your generosity. Your folks make it so easy for us to love your products because, just like your products, your people are the best, too!

If we've forgotten to thank anyone, please consider yourself thanked.

PS: Ms. Rose says: "Hi everybody!" (she'll be 91 July 1st!)

post-10177-13819598957302_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819617221444_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that was awesome and so glad it turned out as well as it did. Hopefully, the next time, I'll actually make it there, without any SNAFUs with the airlines. Surprise. Maybe taking the bus would've been a better idea in my case. Stick out tongue

Steve: Maybe next time, fly to Detroit again (we live 7 miles from Metro Airport) and we'll all drive down together! ...that is: if I have a job by then. -Glenn

Glenn,

I don't think a Klipsch Pilgrimage would be complete without "The Picky Report". Awesome job as usual. Thanks for all the great info and pictures and to those who also contributed. Sounds like a great time was had by all. I wish I could've been there as do others but at least we got to experience it through your verse and photos. I hope I can make it next yeear.

Ben

Glenn,

I don't think a Klipsch Pilgrimage would be complete without "The Picky Report". Awesome job as usual. Thanks for all the great info and pictures and to those who also contributed. Sounds like a great time was had by all. I wish I could've been there as do others but at least we got to experience it through your verse and photos. I hope I can make it next yeear.

Ben

Thanks, Ben. We missed you , too. It doesn't have to end here. Everyone please feel free to post your own comments, pictures, stories and questions here. I'll try to answer them if I can. -Glenn

Glenn,

It is not just a testimate to Grasshopper, but to the forum as well that you guys were able to attend. My money is very tight at the moment as well, as I was off work for several weeks, then the checks from the new job don't come in for 2 more weeks, then there is catching up, and I have several toys that need payed for all at once. Eldon and Christy were gracious enough that they offered to let me room with them and pay when I could. Is this forum a great place or what?? I just could not make that drive alone after working all night. 46 years old is a long way from 26 if you know what I mean. Again, I am super glad the two of you got to make it, and greatful for this post.

Thanks... Roger

• Moderators

Well thank you Glen for all your work, and this thread, and it would have been nice to have Roger ans Steve and the others that couldn't make it there, with us, but with luck there will be more chances in the future. [Y]

Glenn, THANK YOU for taking the time to post pictures and updates. it sure looks like you had a blast--i'm glad for you. it sure is a nice thing that you do, so us Klipsch Step-brothers on the west coast can see what's going on. i still think while you all had the van, you could have headed west--we know how to have fun out here too.

hope you and verna had a safe trip home. Regards, Steve

Thanks everyone for your kind words. In addition to my love of audio, photography has always been my "mistress" of sorts and I am rarely without a camera of some kind at hand. I also enjoy writing. So, I get a real bang of of this little self-imposed, photojournalist-gig each year. My hope is that you'll get a bang out of it, too. Although a lot of work, it is my sincere pleasure to present this testimony, especially for those who cannot attend the pilgrimages. As many of you know, this forum is a fairly close-knit brotherhood of common interests. I'd never experienced anything quite like this prior to joining in 2002. Verna and I have made so many friends along the way and some have become very close. Without this forum, we never would have met most of you. And that would have been a shame.

It was so good to see all of you who made it to Hope and make some new friends, too. And it's always great to hear from those of you who could not make the trip with us this year. I think the most tragic case (that I am aware of) being Steve Konopa (skonopa) who was on his way down when he got stranded by his airline during a layover in my native Detroit and had to forfeit his trip. What a total bummer!

And to Dollar Bill: Thanks for the invite to come to your place in St.Catharines, ONT, Canada. We just may do that some time. You're only about 2-1/2 hours from here. Please do look us up if you are ever in the Detroit area. We're only 12 miles from downtown going south.

Take care and have a great rest-of-the-week, everyone! -Glenn