new (to me) old h700's

I acquired these recently from the original owner. I haven't even had time yet to connect the pair and give 'em a good listen to. I don't know much about them and would appreciate any information. If I decide they're not for me and want to sell them, what fair market value would you give these? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

KH%20003.jpg

KH%20001.jpg

thiessen3.14 (name goes good with the pi[e]-slice logos, eh?), if budman says these look nice, you can believe him. He has themost beautiful/bizzare/mezmerising set of Cornwalls in the Solar System (which, I believe, he has willed to me. Right budman? Right??). What did you have to pay for them?

By acquired I meant I got them for helping out someone who didn't want them. So, I kind of got them for free. And, I've thorougly enjoyed listening to them so far. From what little I've read here, I was expecting them to be harsh. I was surprised with how great they sound. The imaging is great, but they really shine on electric guitar--the upper mids are just fantastic. I was listening to a live stereo recording of bill frisell (east/west) and these speakers did an excellent job. The more I listen, the more inclined I am to keep them. They just have a different vibe than my current setups.

Haven't been on here for months. Funny I saw this post. Visit the link to my old thread when I bought a pair just like these. Fair amount of information on them throughout the thread. They are a beautiful speaker and really do have a wonderful way with music. I used to remember all the old Klipsch = harsh = no bass etc. and quickly found out if these were harsh with no bass, then I like harsh with no bass!

Mine had original boxes which might have added $150 to $250 or so the their value believe it or not. But I bought them for about $900 and sold them 3 or four years later for about the same. Sure didn't want to sell them but family issues and location changes forced me to consolodate!

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/48052/454719.aspx#454719

Nice to see you posting, Scott! How you been? You know, I have your Thorens rebuild pictures bookmarked and refer to them every so often. BTW, I'm working on a system that should dramatically reduce the motor noise in TD-124s (specifically, mine). Shoot me an email or a PM for more info...