Klipsch is Better Than ??????

NewbieRob

I am getting ready to buy my first 5.1 system and leaning toward buying all my speakers from the Klipsch Reference series. I would be choosing Klipsch because I grew up with a pair of Heresy speakers and have always loved and appreciated the horn sound and the efficiency of Klipsch speakers. As it has been more than 20 years since I purchased speakers, I have not heard speakers currently available from other manufacturers and have nowhere to audition speakers other than Best Buy.

This got me wondering as to what brands of speakers others here auditioned or upgraded from and decided that they liked Klipsch better. My system will be used exclusively for tv and movies and so my main interest is getting speakers that will give me the clearest dialogue possible. Thus, I would especially like to hear from people who compared other speakers and concluded that dialogue was clearer from the particular Klipsch speaker they purchased. Thanks.

Hey man, I'm really new to the forums too and I got a full Klipsch Reference Series 7.1 setup... AND FOR SURE YOU WILL LOVE IT,, they way I came across it was (I live in Vancouver, Canada) and went into the local FutureShop (same as BestBuy) and went to listen to the Energy RC-70 Reference's, I listened to their top Polk Audio speakers and then the salesperson turn on the Klipsch RF-62 and WOAAA 8-O the difference was DAY and NIGHT.. honestly I cannot express to you in words how big the difference was.. but still,, this is all very subjective,,, you HAVE to goto a store to hear the difference...

Hi, my name is Peter and I'm a Klipsch Addict!

;)

have fun dude!

The only brand I have heard the comes close to the liveness and immediacy of Klipsch in 30 years of buying and auditioning loudspeakers is an obscure company from Australia called "Duntech"... Years ago, I heard them at an acquaintance's house (the mains hung on the wall like picture frames, and the sub was centered between them and was as big as a coffee table), and I heard detail in some selections that I had never heard with other speakers.

Years later, and after hearing a lot of boring cheapos, plus a few more highly regarded brands (Martin-Logan, DefTech, Focal), I can say that I am still more impressed with Klipsch.

Prior to owning Klipsch speakers I had the Paradigm Monitor 7 system. I can honestly say I enjoy the sound of my RB-81s compared to the 7s, I even think my rc 52 blows the paradigm CC370 out of the water. To me I found the Paradigms to be a bit lifeless, but that's just my opinion.

Had Legend KLF-20's in a 2 channel set up. Purchased Bose for the TV and later added Polk Monitor 70's as the front mains, moving the 201's to the rear as surrounds and keeping the Bose center channel. Sold the 2 channel electronics and the Bose 201's + center and small Polk sub at a garage sale, picked up a KLF-C7 center to mate with the KLF-20 mains and moved the Polk Monitors to surround duty. Added another KLF-C7 as a single rear (6.1) and enjoy this set up very much.

The KLF-C7 (according to some) is one of the finest center (dialogue) channels ever produced by Klipsch. Mated to the KLF-20 mains it is a strong front stage. I am immensely pleased with my current set-up over the previous Bose and Polk combination. The vocal clarity is a night and day difference over what I originally thought was a decent system. To me - Klipsch rules at this price point.

I would however try to access a higher end stereo store over Best Buy. 1). the knowledge of the staff is likely to be much better and 2). building a system for your needs/tastes will be much more likey to succeed.