would this work????

odiedarklord

Hello fellow "klipsch heads". It's been a long time since i been here and visited, it seems alot has changed. It is time for an upgrade for me. I have been upgrading alittle at a time and now i have a pioneer vsx-23thx reciever, svs PB12, and a sony 46 lcd. its time to get better speakers, heres is what i am looking at

Rf -82

Rc-62

Rb-61

Rs-52

My main questions would be should i spring the extra cash and get the Rc-64?

And would y'all do anything different?

Everybody on this forum that I have ever read says to get the biggest best center speaker you can afford. I pretty much agree with 'em. The center just about carries all the dialogue from the movie sound track. As far as the RC 64 goes, I bought one to go between 2 khorns because I had a space problem (an expensive Lexington cherry 3 piece entertainment center that absolutely had to stay.) I know they all say that Reference and Heritage are like oil and water, but it does fine if you're not a purist fanatic. It holds its own rather well, especially anywhere from the -5db to -15db on my receiver. The wife even one night let me run "Master and Commander" at +3db one night for company. Needless to say, people were dodgin' cannon balls and flying frigate parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd suggest RC-64 instead of RC-62 and RS-42 instead of RS-52. I've heard several people say they didn't notice much difference at all between the RS-42 and 52 and you can use some of the $$ saved going with the 42s towards the RC-64.

thanks for the input. I've thought i heard get the biggest badest center before, it must have slipped my ever growing old mind. So this Rc-64 it is. As far as the rears go i also was thinking about getting some rc-10's for the sides and rears. Would that sound better? The reason i ask, my s-1 just dosent seem to have the volume as the rest of my system. When i turn the channels all the way up, the sides gets louder but the rears just dont have the voulme i am looking for. i could understand if there were far away from my head but they sit at ear level about 4' behind me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

-james-

Mixon, I know this is totally off topic, but +3db; that's just insane. You are talking about big freaking speakers. I tried to watch a movie at -15 once with my cheapo speakers and I turned it down within the first half hour. And, as far as the wife goes, when she's home nothing is over -30.

Mixon, I know this is totally off topic, but +3db; that's just insane. You are talking about big freaking speakers. I tried to watch a movie at -15 once with my cheapo speakers and I turned it down within the first half hour. And, as far as the wife goes, when she's home nothing is over -30.

haha, we listen at reference level for most movies. -30dB? How hot are you running your system ?

Moravec, three things: 1. I never said I was sane. 2. Good big freaking speakers sound good at any db. (If it's too loud, you're too old.) 3. My wife understands how an HT should be run. I worked hard for a lotta years to get something that is not, as you say "cheapo" and I play 'em.

Or get the exact same speaker for your center as you have on the right n left. hehehehehe Timbre Matters! Sorry, it is true..

That said, the golden sound for HT center speakers rule, is get the one that matches the left n right speakers, or go "one up" in the line. Never, I repete NEVER, go down a line in your center.

Why? It is just too important to do so!

When you get it right.... It is awesome...

Hello fellow "klipsch heads". It's been a long time since i been here and visited, it seems alot has changed. It is time for an upgrade for me. I have been upgrading alittle at a time and now i have a pioneer vsx-23thx reciever, svs PB12, and a sony 46 lcd. its time to get better speakers, heres is what i am looking at

Rf -82

Rc-62

Rb-61

Rs-52

My main questions would be should i spring the extra cash and get the Rc-64?

And would y'all do anything different?

I would suggest that instead of RB-61, go with a second set of 82', 42's instead of the 52's for side surrounds, and keep the 62. Yes, the 64 is an awsome speaker (no doubt about it) but the 62 will keep up great with the 82's. Just my .02 cents [:)]

it all depends on your listening position, you can't go wront with the rb-61's for rear speakers but my 61's run on the wall directly behind my listening position. I run the rf-62's for front speakers and am curious to how much they really differ with the rf-62's, i have a very good sub so the extra bass response of the 82's up front just wonder if missing the upper highs and mid response with 82's. I have the rc-62 as my center and it barely fits, If i had the room the rc-64 would be right there in the middle of my surround sound, I personally love the vocals and sounds that the rc-62 reproduce.

Now I was planning more along the lime of this.

RF-82 mains

RF-64 center

RF-82, 62, 52, or RB-61 side

RS-52 (or 42) for rears.

The room where they are is pretty small. The mains and center are about 8" in front of the couch with the side being at the side of the couch about 3" from the respective sides. And the rears about 4" feet behind the couch. The wife gave me a budget around 3-4k so I am trying to figure out what works well together and what doesn't. I will say that I fell in love with the pioneer reciever tho man how I love this thing vsx-23thx ftw!!

Any thoughts on what sides I should run? And or if i should use the RS-52 for sides as well?

Thanks

• Moderators

Now I was planning more along the lime of this.

RF-82 mains

RF-64 center

RF-82, 62, 52, or RB-61 side

RS-52 (or 42) for rears.

I think you meant 8' (feet) instead of 8" (inches). [;)]

I would recommend switching your rears with your sides. The RS series are by besign are intended to be used as side surrounds. They will help create the enveloping effect during a movie. The back surrounds should be direct firing (like the RF-82, 62, 52 or RB-61's that you listed).

When I first built my HT, I had a pair of RB-35's in the rear (8" driver in each speaker). Unfortunately, they were mounted too high and I rarely heard them. I then purchased the RS-52's, sold the RB-35's and installed the RS-52's on the sides and WOW, total difference.

Guys thanks for all the advice. I am more confused than ever. I kinda want an amp now a UPA-7. I still looking at the

RF82

RC64/RC62 if i get the amp

RS52

RB61

Whats y'alls (I'm from TX) opinion on that amp with the smaller center speaker? Thanks for bing patient with me.

Thx,

James