Onkyo Integra M 502

dkane360

Hey, long time lurker and avid Klipsch fan here wondering about the Onkyo Integra M 502. I have an opportunity to get one for $185 and I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with either this line of amplifiers or this one in particular. I'm currently running a Denon AVR-3300 to RF-3's, RS-3's and an RC-3. I was also wondering if it would be suitable for use as powering a passive subwoofer. I'm not sure what model driver will be used, but it'll probably be 4 ohm.

Thanks!

Dan

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum Dan.

A few years ago, I picked up an Onkyo M501 at a yard sale for $10. It was a sweet score. It didn't change much in my sound with my Onkyo receiver. Unfortunately, it stopped working less than a month after I bought it. Started making a very loud popping noise through my speakers. I'm not familiar with the 502.

Reality is that anything that is used can die, regardless of age and eventually, everything will die.

i was just joking i knew you did not mean it that way. Really though my 8 year old pioneer elite receiver seems like it will last forever. It does not run hot and it has been taking care of extremely well. The onkyo may run a little warm so you have to take that into consideration. Also for $150 more you can get a upa-2 (or wait for it to go on sale) and get that 5 year transferrable warranty. Although the onkyo is rated at higher watts i dont think you would notice much of a difference in power.

• 10 years later...
6 hours ago, Joel Koosed said:

I have an Onkyo Integra M-502 Stereo Power Amplifier for sale, if anyone is interested. Looks and sounds like new. 

Joel,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe consider moving this thread or reposting it to the "Garage Sale" Forum where we try to liquidate our gear.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill