Heresy Project done

I bought a set of Heresys for my office, but they were very rough... thus new cabs. I took liberty to add somw volume to the cabs... many said this was ill advised so I cut some extra MDF panels to reduce the internal valume back to ~1.9cu ft. The cabis noew 2.25 thick on the sides and 1.5 everywhere else.

God Bless Home Depot. and the free cuts :-). Not having a work shape a little extra time there allowed me to build these without a saw.

K700 metal horn, K55, APT80 tweeter, Bobs 12" LF driver and crossoevers.

The Origonal Heresys have made there way to my office.. So rough I cant see them growing legs and leaving.

These DIY Heresys had no home... were in my closet for a mo or so... My in-laws saw the Speakers and an old tuner... now they have a retro system on loan. Im told Im not getting them back, but... they are sadly mistaken. Just no room now.

post-39161-13819598638598_thumb.jpg

post-39161-13819616863638_thumb.jpg

The APT80 can bee seen from behind. Its the same Emenice tweeter used by many, but with a less developed horn... simple half circle.

As this Heresy is really for near field listening a better horn seemed un-needed. Instalation was easy... 2 1/4" hole if I remeber right... cut from behind.

The APT80 is $25 with horn... not bad at all.

post-39161-13819598642638_thumb.jpg

post-39161-13819616867962_thumb.jpg