Holy Crap! I Just Scored!!!!!

Ironsave

I just scored a set of (non sequential) KG 5.2s for $175!!!!!

They are probably a 8.9 conditionwise; with a few nicks that can easily be sanded out and require some TLC in the form of oil. (Walnut Oil Finish).

My dilemma:

I am torn between these and my beloved Heresies...... The KGs trump the Heresies in bass..... but the mids and highs are more clear and distinct with the beloveds......... And my sub covers the bass well enough for 2 channel..... BUT.... the KGs overall are almost on par.... with more natural bass.....

HELP!!!!!!!!

WHICH TO KEEP? I most likely will have to sell one of these 2.... I don't wanna!!!!!!!

(Would like to relegate the Heresies to strict 2 channel duty; but room is an issue)....

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Use the KGs for surrounds. I had KG 3.5s for surrounds for a while and they worked great. They'd be a huge upgrade over any of your current surrounds.

The problem with that is these are HUGE. They are the same as Heresies stacked on top of each other..... They are either mains..... or gone.... :(

Trying to convince the love of my life that they are worthy competitors to the Heresies and then I could try for a 2 channel system in the bedroom or back room...... Wondering how the BASH amp on my promedia 2.1s would do powering my beloved Heresies...... [^o)]

I already just got a set of KG 3s about a week ago; these are a serious refinish project though.... but the price was good.... So.... yeah; she kind of has a point......

The problem with that is these are HUGE. They are the same as Heresies stacked on top of each other.....

That's not huge at all. Cornwalls and LaScalas are huge but only for a little while...

Bruce

Don't get rid of any...you will regret it. Live with them for a few months and they will disappear into the walls, or at least not be so noticable to you. I have Cornwalls in my small living room, then added LaScalas to my smaller dining room, then added Khorns to the living room, then large vintage Corals in my tiny bedroom. I adjusted one pair at a time, and now I could not part any. Soon I will be moving into a house with large rooms and an audio/video room. I will have room for everything and more.

I think the speakers look GREAT in the living room...... The Futue Wifey disagrees..... (my dilemma).

I have a set of KG 3s that need refinishing..... (Pretty beat up)......

If I have to part with anything; those will be going; even if "as is"..... They would be great for a garage......

I listened to the KG 5.2s a lot last night; they are overall on par with the Heresies......

Trade off of more bass for a bit less clarity in the upper frequency......

I need help talking my future Wifey into keeping these.....

IDEAS?

I think the speakers look GREAT in the living room...... The Futue Wifey disagrees..... (my dilemma).

I know that can be a tough decision; on the one hand you have great speakers and are adding to your collection and on the other hand you have a future wife, [^o)] go with the speakers and you'll find a new woman LMAO[:P], just kidding............kinda. I think you can have it all, but sounds like one of those pre marital moments where a line needs to be drawn, or it will come back to bite you in the future when you run into the next deal that you shouldn't walk away from and you have to start stacking speakers. Typical conversation with my gf, goes, what are you ordering now, my response could be parts, speakers, amps, receivers and so on, gf..........what do you need that for and my reply is generally something like, go look at your shoe collection or did you start paying the bills without telling me? I think half the reason I keep buying stuff is part of her training for the future. Good Luck, but keep all the speakers or you'll regret it down the road IMHO

Drag her to other KLIPSCH heads houses with BIGGER speakers.... and she might relax.

Or take her to Hope or Indy at a Klipsch event, and she will meet other wives...laugh at herself getting tense... And learn sometimes you just gotta go big and enjoy it too. It could be worse, you could be asking for a big MWM system INSIDE your house...LOL

As a side note, it is a hobby that keeps you home. You also get to share it with family and friends too.

Afterall, you could be elsewhere spending money and getting into trouble too?

Keep the ones that sound better. I don't understand why you would keep something that sound inferior, heresy's or not.

Does that mean that you only own one set of speakers? I must have 12 to 15 sets and though I have my favorites for certain situations and placements, I have all of them for different reasons. My RB 5's can't compete with my 7's or Corn's or RP's or.............., but they, in their own right, are wonderful bookshelf speakers, and kick as$ used as surrounds. There is no perfect set of speakers for every situation, so I'll stick with evaluating every speaker for what it is and hoarding them all.

Afterall, you could be elsewhere spending money and getting into trouble too?

This way you get to spend money and get in trouble at home. I speak from experience.

Excellent score Ironsave! Only advice from me is do not make any quick decisions. Listen for a while longer before keeping or selling. The value your speakers is solid. Think of Bob Marley's words "Every little thing is gonna be alright".