"New" Forte II's ........alongside my Chorus II's

toolguym

Just picked up the Forte's for $299.00, I figured I couldn't pass them up.I hooked up the Forte's to my VTL ST-150 and started listening.First impression- they sounded a little thin on bass- maybe a little bright.As I listened longer I warmed up to them.I love them on stringed instruments.I fired up the Chorus II's,running them through a Yamaha M-85 running in class A. I was able to turn down the output on the Yamaha to make up for difference in efficiency and ran both speakers at the same time(through the same Pre amp and source of course).The Chorus have a nice full upper bass- lower mid range,but the Fortes filled the highs nicely.Great combo. I find myself switching speakers almost track to track depending on what I'm listening to.Any thoughts on this comparisom??

A lovely comparison.

I have always dreamed of owning a forte,owing to its 32hz bass responce ,and

Extreme praise over the forum.

I have the RF3s ,and do a lot of tweaking with room placement and all ,and changing

Amplifiers and pre amps ,track by track too, u can call it fanatic ,but yes it does

Please me .

Its usually a rare thing to find a good forte here in lahore ,and the last one I found

Had been repaired ;(

I can get a chorus 2 , but the owner may also be selling maybe coz of some error in its performance .

I love the design,the looks ,the boxes dimensions,and there appraised performance,

But I wonder if chorus wud satisfy me more or the fortes?????

Wud I still be missing something if I got the chorus ?

I love bass !

Plz tell ur differences that u significantly find .

By the way nice score !that price is surely a steal !!

Adios and stay posted .

I do find the Chorus to be more prominent in the bass.I haven't had a real significant listening session yet,but so far I find myself going back to the Chorus.This could also be because I haven't had a chance for proper placement tweaking.I am very happy with Forte-it seems to shine on some tracks more so than the Chorus.It has a different mid/high balance that I find pleasing....especially with acoustic tracks.I will keep posting as the listening gets more involved(and louder!).

please do so and let me know on the bass responce.the fortes are gonna beat the chorus perhaps at low volumes as it may have a better bass frequency range .what electronics do u use with them.and what is the room dimension and placing of things .plz elaborate .then gimmi a score from 1 to 10 of the two speakers.i hope the fortes are not repaired or something .i hope they are genuine ,stock piece.

Well,here's what I can tell you so far.I had a good hour long listening session this morning.I used my VTL ST-150 power amp,VTL 2.5 pre amp(both of these pieces are all tube),and ran the source from my computers media player.Monster Cable I-1000 interconnects and speaker wire.One of my "reference" tracks has always been Fleatwood Macs "The Chain".(good mix of strings,vocals and some nice bass).The Forte's sounded fantastic.The strings actually make the hair on your arms stand up! The bass guitar was well defined and super clean.The overall bass response was excellant.I cannot at this time compare the two fairly.What I have found is.........they are different.The Chorus are louder,more efficient,and have a more "IN YOUR FACE" sound.My listening room is about 20 by 17.The speakers are about 10 feet apart,and I sit about 8-9 away.I ran the the full output of the amp and they sounded beautiful.I would rate both speakers at a high 8.I save the 10 for my La Scala's.I will try to get some pics up of the system soon.

glad to read that account .im surprised at the lows of chorus .the website states a 39 hz vs a 32 hz difference between the two of these.anyways thanks for responding and sharing.

the chorus i can find here have a small tear in the rear 15inch woofer cone .the torn area is about 1x2 cm .and is bothering me with my purchase deal.however if u say so that it has a better bass i will surely consider it . he is asking 800 bucks .is that toooo much ?considering that he has been using it for that music shop from the day they were born .he had been using an adcom earlier .now an onkyo model.one of the recent dts ones ,that i never liked . anyways .and yes he has recently added a polk subwoofer .he says it helps in the movies demo at his shop . i wonder if id need that for music if i buy em for my room which is just 15x16 ;(

the chorus i can find here have a small tear in the rear 15inch woofer cone .the torn area is about 1x2 cm .and is bothering me with my purchase deal.however if u say so that it has a better bass i will surely consider it . he is asking 800 bucks .is that toooo much ?

Dr. Sherry,

The price would be good in the States. I think they would be a steal in Lahore...

The tear in the passive radiator can be patched with no discernable effect on the sound. Chorus IIs would be my first choice after La Scalas, which I own.

Bruce

I've heard the Chorus speakers on a couple of occasions but have yet to have a proper demo with decent gear.

I owned the Forte ll's for a week and sold them immediately. That pair, and about three other pairs in that time period had me convinced that Fortes were the nastiest sounding speaker I had ever heard! The mids just had me running out of the room without looking back.

Since then, my opinion on them has done a complete 180. In the last year I've heard them with upgraded caps, x-overs and diaphrams. My kind of speaker. They do just about everything right and for the price of admission it's a no-brainer. [Y]