Reciever recommendations

rick_m

Hello I am quite new to the forum. I currently have a Denon avr 1909 running Bose surround. Now I have aquired some Klipsch KLF20's and an SVS non powered sub. I am also looking at a c7 for my center and not quite sure what to do for my rears. I would love some input on rears as well!

As it sits this Denon is useless to me since I can only run one amp and only in zone 2. I have been looking at a Denon avr 3310 and a Marantz sr 7002. What would you go with or recommend?

Currently I am using a Behringer ep2000 to power my 20's any recommendation for a budget friendly amp to power the SVS, looking around 500watts for the sub.

Thanks in advance for your input! [8]

Congrats on the quantum leap from Bose to Klipsch!

I have a Marantz SR7001 and it works tremendously well. I used it as a receiver for a while and am currently using it only as a pre-amp with an external amp but it was a great performer using its internal amps.

SVS supplied amps from Samson, you might look for them on eBay. Keep in mind that the Samson amps are pro amps and have XLR inputs, not RCA. You'll need an RCA to XLR cable but you can pick one up for around $20 from http://www.monoprice.com. One thing to keep in mind is that the SVS passive subs are 4 ohm drivers so if you get an amp and decide to bridge it for more power, some amps such as the Samson series that I have specify an 8 ohm speaker when bridged. I simply have my sub hooked up to one channel and it works perfectly that way.

On the receiver, I have a Marantz SR7000 and it has been faithfully delivering great sound for a decade without issues. My only complaint with mine is the poor radio reception, not that this is a major function of the receiver. I even bought a powered antenna, and still can't get 1/2 the stations I get on other radios in my house. Other than that, I love the sound and the quality hasn't let me down.

I really like my integra, same as above I just use it as a pre-amp with my external amp, but it served really good for both a 5.1 or a 7.1 setup. IF you can find a good used 6.6 or 6.8 I think you would really like it. Even there new line is decent at the 600-900.00 range.

~ross