Congratulations Team USA!

Olorin

I'm trying to get into this. The whole planet goes crazy except for the US so there must be something to it. But watching games that go for 90 minutes and end up as a tie makes me feel like I've just wasted 90 minutes They need to make the goal net bigger or something, so that the poor guys can score once in a awhile. Anyway, I was wondering, does anybody know why there is a team for England, and not Great Britain, like they do it in the Olympics?

Congrats BUT.....soccer, well I didn't have much to do this morning but wait for 90.9 minutes for something to happen

With all due respect.............

That's like saying you watched a whole football game and nothing happened till someone scored a touchdown, or a whole baseball game and nothing happened till someone finally scored a run.

That's like saying you watched a whole football game and nothing happened till someone scored a touchdown, or a whole baseball game and nothing happened till someone finally scored a run.

Some like chocolate some like vanilla. Me I like a little more action. The ball stayed center field forever and when it was advanced the result was missed shots on several open nets.

Stoppage time...please. Just stop the game clock

A player rolling around in great agony and then jumping up and running away like it never happened?

Hey, just my cup of tea. Hope our team does well!

Football and baseball bore the heck out of me. Baseball is way too slow except for seeing live games because I like drinking beer and yelling which they seem to encourage. The stop and go of football makes me lose interest. Don't get me started on the padding they wear. The faster fast sports are more interesting to me rugby hockey basketball and soccer. There is more skill involved in scoring in soccer than football. In an average soccer game they run 11-20 miles per game. You have to be in shape just to play. After you watch soccer for a while you start to understand the art behind it but I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

It is nice to see a US team do well in the World Cup. Even if they don't go much further I think they have had some great games. They already looked better than England and that cracks me up. I had to send my family in England some emails about that : ) I can not share their replies here LOL....

I only watch soccer when its the world cup, its the best of the best playing so I find very entertaining.

generally I am the same.. love watching the world cup.. well done for team USA and other teams that have progressed..

A truly memorable sports day for me. US winning and TCU coming from behind to beat Florida State in the CWS.

I'm always glad to see any U.S.A. team win in international competition. I'm with you, the TCU game was great. I hope that they have what it takes to handle UCLA and it pitching staff.

We play Ghana on Saturday the 26th; coverage begins at 2:30 PM Eastern on ABC.

Ghana looked pretty good in one of the games I saw. It should be a good match. We are going to a local wanna be irish bar to watch the match.

I love the world cup! Its like the only time in your life as a USA citizen... It is accepted to scream, yell, blow your horn.have a few beers...And you can sing or scream out your national anthem at the top of your lungs too!! (it is not wrong, and this politically correct BS society were all supposed to follow, is thrown away....Thank Goodness. hahahaha)

You can go USA, USA, USA, in the opponents face....and team too.

AND IT FEELS GOOD, DOESN'T IT???

And at the end of the day, it is not what were PC taught too as kids. It is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game BS, too,

THE WORLD CUP IS ABOUT WINNING! PERIOD!!!!!!! Nationalism is not bad, we seem to have sadly forgotten this in the USA.

USA USA USA USA USA USA