Klipsch 6.1... which speakers should I use for mains?

tkelm

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been here. I got locked out of my past account so I made another.

I have now acquired 6 Klipsch speakers: 3 X SB-3, 2 X RB-25, 1 X KSP C6. I plan to use the C6 for a center, and an SB-3 for rear center. However, should the SB-3s go up front or RB-25s? I have a Denon 2310 so equalizing(via audyssey setup) the LCR to match may be easier. I would tend to put the SB-3s up front as they have more headroom but the RB-25s sound better. I guess with crossing everything over at ~90 they all may have comparable headroom.

Please let me know your thoughts as to what speakers should be used as LR. Thanks!

~j

I would be tempted to try both of the folowing set-ups.

A. SB-3's as the front mains and center with the RB-25's as side surrounds and the KSP-C6 as the lone rear.

B. SB-3's as the rear stage (side surrounds + plus single rear) and the RB-25's as mains with the KSP-C6 center.

I think I would try to keep the 3 matching speakers together - either at the front or rear of your system. The front soundstage is the most critical and that is why I would at least try the 3 up front. I use a KLF-C7 as a single rear and like it. One reason I feel the KSP-C6 could serve that role.