What's up with pathetic Klipsch dealers?

jcm

I live in lubbock, tx, and am lucky to have local dealer thats an authorized klipsch dealer. I ordered my complete rf-62 system from them, at a more than fair price. Even though takes a month or longer to get their products, klipsch is def. worth the wait. I havent had any experience ordering their products online. They always seem to have rf-52 and 62 floorstanding and mostly rb-51 bookshelf speakers in stock, I mainly love the really good deals i get from them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"giant wildebeast speakers"

Love it!! The picture conjured up in the mind's eye was hilarious. [Y][Y][Y]

My wife finally admitted that she liked the..... beasts.... She said they are really like nice furniture and make the rooms in which they are installed somehow "cultured" and they don't have that "cheap plastic look".

I would gladly have Klipsch send me a few sets of speakers (mid to high end from each series?) and open up my home for auditions, then have some sort of dedicated web portal to enable the purchasing and shipment of speakers to customers while they listen. :)

just a thought (I wouldn't even expect a commission) ..

In 1970 i auditioned a pair of khorns in someones home,, That comvinced me to buy a pair,,,Then someone else audituioned them in my home,,He bought a pair,,Someone auditioned a pair in his home,,so on and so on,,, No one walked in to a dealer and bought them,,He could care flip,,,, But by word of mouth and ordering from Hope directly,,, Thats how we did it... That was 1970,, here in 2010 we lock our doors.

Hey Klipsch........I say just keep doing what you are doing. It is a miracle that consumers can still purchase from a very diverse line of speakers and even get the big boys if they want them. Fred has found a way to keep the factory running in these times.. It's a darn miracle. Klipsch is doing a great job in this economy.

There are a lot of valid points made here, from a loyal group of owners. Like many others I have done my share to spread the word about Klipsch quality. It's very easy, when folks come by, ask them what their favorite music is and play it for them. [:)] The speakers sell themselves. Most of my friends who have bought Klipsch purchased Reference series because of availablity,size (WAF) and price point.

Jeff, both my Chorus II's and Heresy II's were purchased new, I have the "Plaques" to prove it. My Cornwall II's and Forte I's were purchased here from fellow forumites.

Klipsch is a great company- no doubt. However the dealers are pathetic. A non responsive dealer who was too busy to return my phone calls pissed me off and caused me to look at a set of used cornwalls instead of new RF83s. I looked at the garage Friday night after not having my system for the week end. Saturday morning I got up and drove to Cigarbum's place in GA with cash in hand to buy a set of used Cornwalls. My profile will indicate a small fortune in used Heritage Speakers. They would have been new klipsch speakers of some type. So this dealer steered me in a completely different path costing klipsch about 12-15k in new sales. great product- terrible dealers- at least in my case.

I wonder if any speaker company has "good dealers?" I wonder if there really are any good dealers to be had?

None of which I am aware, and I live in Houston. You simply cannot compete with Best Buy. Sure, you can "say" you have top quality products, but the masses don't care. They want cheap and sufficient. I can't say I blame them.

The audiophile shops (what few still exist) were mainly places where people went to kick tires and shoot the bull. As an owner of one of those places, I imagine the loitering gets a little old. Why even bother returning calls? Nobody is going to buy anything anyway.

• Moderators

Hey Klipsch........I say just keep doing what you are doing. It is a miracle that consumers can still purchase from a very diverse line of speakers and even get the big boys if they want them. Fred has found a way to keep the factory running in these times.. It's a darn miracle. Klipsch is doing a great job in this economy.

Thanks for this, Mark [:)]

• Moderators

I would be glad to be a Kanadian Klipsch Korner(KKK, maybe not?), that would act as a demonstration location and order processing centre.Big Smile

[Y] That would go right along with your other business, record store / speaker sales, sounds like a good fit !

When his customers come back to say the recordings they just bought don't sound as good at home as they sound in Dollar Bill's store, he'd just answer, "Well, that's because you're not listening to them through Klipsch speakers. Let me show you some."

Currently, my customers are treated to hearing some of the Klipsch line, but currently when they say how impressed they are with the sound and how much are those speakers, I can only refer them to the website, as mine are NOT FOR SALE and if I were to look and find others in the area for them, I'd keep 'em and there would be more NOT FOR SALE!

I doubt this course of action has translated into any actual sales of new product, but I wish I could shut up about Klipsch, as I lost out on a set of Klipsch Belle's, because I had Konverted a regular customer that now is just as nutty(not quite), as myself about Klipsch(and Bob Crites) and that's just one of many examples.

I even though we are sorta just kidding about and wishing for a pile of Klipsch speakers to play with, this may be part of the issue.

People here, Klipsch employees, from the floor to the offices, are all very pasionate about this brand.

Somewhere between here and there, that is not being fully transmited to potential customers, because of dealers and minimum wage employees of big box stores, that have higher margins on other products and don't share our care.

I would love to see a few Klipsch Korners(a la Apple) in select cities across North America, where anyone could go to demo any product in the line, buy a shirt, mug, poster, accesories, Klipsch approved upgrades/updates/repairs, or place a online order while the sound and excitement were fresh and know that every single person working there was a Klipsch Konverter, spreading their love and knowledge of the products, far and wide.

Special listening events, performances and screenings.

Mom can we go to Klipschy Land, PUHLEASE!CAN WE, CAN WE, CAN WE?

Lets go on the offensive and get out there and show those that don't know, just how good it can be!

I live in Manhattan and although I can buy Reference or Icon lines easily here, the nearest Heritage dealer is nearly 140 miles away. I have owned Chorus II's for 20 years but have never heard a pair of Khorns, La Scalas or obviously any of the Pallladium line. That's sad. Embarrassed

I remember soundcity in bayonne used to be a heritage dealer, I doubt they would drop it. Though they did not have inventory but I bet they can order them for you. Also do you use JandR as well?

I would love to see a few Klipsch Korners(a la Apple) in select cities across North America, where anyone could go to demo any product in the line, buy a shirt, mug, poster, accesories, Klipsch approved upgrades/updates/repairs, or place a online order while the sound and excitement were fresh and know that every single person working there was a Klipsch Konverter, spreading their love and knowledge of the products, far and wide.

Special listening events, performances and screenings.

Mom can we go to Klipschy Land, PUHLEASE!CAN WE, CAN WE, CAN WE?

Lets go on the offensive and get out there and show those that don't know, just how good it can be!

Sign me up for a few hours a week working at Klispch Korner. Maybe we could work for speakers.

And it would be doing the public a service to save them from wasting their money on (rhymes with hose) speakers. The public must be educated just HOW GOOD music and movies can sound. Maybe they don't care anymore but there's got to be a few that still care...

As long as Klipsch can continue to build the big "old" Heritage speakers they're doing all right. There may not be much of a market for new but there's got to be some and maybe people will start caring about sound again... or at least the children of Forum members will know what they could be listening to.

Part of the problem is that too many people think of speakers and electronics as cheap and disposable and may not even realize there is quality stuff available. Real quality stuff. Sound quality that stomps (rhymes with hose) and other lesser speakers that people may think are quality. Not even close. Heirloom quality. The higher end Klipsch speakers sold today (Heritage, Reference, Palladium) will most likely still be enjoyed by the grandchildren of their purchasers and look like a fine piece of craftsmanship. Can't say that about very many products anymore.

I would love to work a few hours a week at such a place. Who wouldn't?

I would recommend that customers bring their own CDs/iPods/etc, and let them hear it at the volumes they prefer. I can't think of a type of music that wouldn't shine with a well-put-together system.

Could we have Klipsch Geniuses? Would they have to know how to build a crossover network from scratch?

Jay, I checked the Dealer Locator on the Klipsch site and Vestal NY was the closest dealer, nothing for Bayonne, NJ. One day I will own Khorns or La Scalas, but for now my Chorus and Cornwalls do just fine.I have bought Reference series for friends from J&R over the years and they recently started selling Heresy III's, but I think those are special order, didn't notice them the last time I was in the audio department. I am there quite frequently as I live in the area.

As for more Klipsch speakers, my wife says "we're up to our a$$ in speakers." [;)]