Image X10i and Symbian phone - doesn't work

bambadoo

Dear all.

Just received my Image X10i. Allthough they sound decent on mye laptop and stereo they seem useless on my Nokia N97 phone.

I thought they would work on any 3.5mm device but of course not the controls.

Seems I wasted 350$ if no solution exists.

Does anybody know of a solution?

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it says that all sources with 3.5mm jack it should work, however the controls do not work. This is not the case with phones. I have to press and hold the mic button down to have decent sound. Otherwise the sound is awful and alot of hum and hizz.

While the Image X10i serves as a pair of premium headphones for any device with a 3.5 mm headphone jack, its mic and remote system handles the music and/or voice control of the following Apple products:

Not enterely true.

Sincerely

I have also sent an email to klipsch support for this. And read on another forum (nokia) that other people also have problems with the "i" series on Symbian phones.

I have to press and hold the mic button down to have decent sound. Otherwise the sound is awful and alot of hum and hizz

Wow, sorry. I didn't know that you were having troubles with just listening to them. I'm sure if you call Customer Services they can help you out.

I have a pair of the Custom 3 that I use with my Blackberry and they are great. I haven't tried any of the other Klipsch headphones.

Hope you can get them worked out.

James

• 5 weeks later...

hey~ bambadoo~

I just got my X10i today and I was having the same N97 issue as you had...

BUT~~I think I found the solutions to make it work (just to make the voice right..do'nt expect the controller because N97 doesn't have the same function as iPhones)~~ IT'S VERY TRICKY...

1. The major issue for X10i not working on N97 is that either N97 is too smart or too stupid to recognize X10i as a "phone microphone" but shows "TV-out connected" on the small icon upper right-hand corner...I guess that's the stupid part...^^"

2.If you just connect X10i to N97 normally, then it will always recognize it as "TV-out"

3.Here comes the TRICKY PART I :JUST insert the connector partially(stop around the "2nd black line" on the connector), so that N97 can't recognize what kind of device it is.

4.Be the mean time, N97 will ask you to choose a category for the device that is connecting to N97.

5.Choose "Headphones" then insert the connector.

6.That should solve half of the problem beacuse as you said " I have to press and hold the mic button down to have decent sound." it still happens.

7.You need to hold the mic button because I believe you insert all the way down as I was.

8.Here comes the TRICKY PART II:pull out the connector from the bottom about 0.1cm, then you should be able to hear a clear and wonderful sound from X10i without holding the mic button~

I've check the process many times and it works all the time for me, so you should be fine if you repeat what I said~

feel free to forward or post on other forums with reference, if you see anyone is having the same N97 issue~

Enjoy~

btw, I love X10i~~ it's the best headphone I've ever had so far~

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Has anybody had any problems with x10i's and an android tablet? Or any other device which gives lots of feedback / clicking hissing? the socket on the tablet is a headphone stereo socket without mic

X10i serves as a pair of premium headphones for any device with a 3.5 mm headphone jack, its mic and remote system handles the music and/or voice control of the following Apple products:

Not enterely true"

This appears to be the problem above too. Not entirely happy as my £26 headphones work perfectly!

Any advice / help appreciated.