KLF-30 Viberating issue??

Hi, I'm a new memberin the audio-phile world and I just purchased a pair of KLF-30's and they work and sound amazing except for in one of the speakers when i crank the Volume up too high. The great bass output that these KLF's certainly has makes the top section of the speaker viberate. It get's pretty loud and is really a bummer to the ear and simply just ruins the effect of owning these speakers... they are meant to be played at levels to make my ears ring for an hour after i listen to them and this is the reason i bought them.. So i investigated the issue a little more and noticed 3 screws in the top of the back panel and so i called the guy i bought them from (A guy i trust well) and he told me "Oh yea i had that same problem when i first bought them and the next day took them into a shop and they put these screws in the back and it fixed everything. I had to retighten the screws about a year ago when they came loose, it did it for me maybe try that." I wasn't so lucky as he was, it still viberates much too loud. I wish it had been fixed a little differently the first time but, not much i can do now.

I've heard this was kind of a common thing with the 30's and im not surprised... I'm very impressed with them.. But never-the-less, anyone know the best way to fix this? I'd really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Marty

I have 30's as well......haven't had a problem yet but I read that "liquid nails" applied from the inside of the cabinet (take out the woofers, very easy) is supposed to do the trick.

Good luck and keep us posted on works out for you.

• 5 weeks later...