so sad

Gilbert, sorry to hear of your loss of Socrates. That's tough, especially at a young age.

Bill, Alice is a cutie. Good that we save what animals we can and take them into our homes and hearts.

Geesh, I didn't think this would be this difficult.

It's been about a month and it's a rainy day today so I'm hanging around the house. Find little bits of Gypsy's fur here and there on the back porch. Think about her favorite places and how she'd take long naps on the sunny spot on the carpet or curl up on a high vantage point. I still half-expect to see her coming around a corner, or following one of the others into the house when I call them from the back door. Find her name coming out of my mouth even though I know she won't be here.... Maybe I shoulda been a better pet owner, taken better care of her, given her a more comfortable place to hang out.. just confused.

Good that Steely has Sammy to hang with but I can see in him that he's missing 'his little girl' (as I called her).They've been staying really close to home and very cuddly since this has happened. Or maybe that's me being more loving, not sure which.

It still hurts to pass that spot where it happened. See her prancing across the tarmac in her dainty little way. Can't believe that it was by my own hand.

Just had to put this out there... it'll get better I know.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. Words just don't seem to be close to enough. I have been there too like alot of us and I truly feel for you man. Wish you did not have to go through this, I really do.