Do you speak Beerish?

Mallette

Got to thinking about how the PAW and I have developed a language for beer over the years. Here's that which applies to quantity:

Trunk:case of 30

Suitcase:case of 24

Briefcase:18 pack

Overnight case:12 pack

Lunchbox:6 pack

There's more, but I just wondered about what words others might use or have invented concerning the Pearl pop with the foam on top...

Dave

A home project or auto repair job is rated as a 6 or a 12 beer job depending on the time factor, level of difficulty , and the amount of cussing involved to finish..

A less than attractive woman is rated a a six packer or a 12 packer depending on how man beers you would have to consume to approach her in a bar.

5:30 PM is refered to as beer thirty.

A DWI -tag not requied- motor scooter is refered to as a liquior cycle.

I am sure that there are more.

I am on my 3rd Pilsner Urquel so I most likely forgot a few.

A home project or auto repair job is rated as a 6 or a 12 beer job depending on the time factor, level of difficulty , and the amount of cussing involved to finish..

Ah...you remind me of many years ago when this would not have been so un-cool. Sometime in the early sixties I asked one of my favorite uncles how far it was to where he came from.

'bout a six pack and a half..." he replied.

Dave

SS (side saddle) - The six pack that you had just purchased (sitting right next to you), that you consumed, as you made it home from a day's work. (Back when it was legal to drink and drive).

Sometime in the early sixties I asked one of my favorite uncles how far it was to where he came from.

'bout a six pack and a half..." he replied.

I've heard that's a way to navigate or give directions in Newfoundland. "Take the highway for three beers, turn left and drive for two beers, and there ya be."