How to get information about Cornwall speakers played in sideways position?

Radmanna

Hello.

I'm trying to read comments from Klipsch audiophiles, who have Cornwalls that are positioned on their side. Because the desired spot for Cornwalls in my home would be three feet above the floor, it would be reassuring to hear from others who have found it necessary, to place their Cornwalls on their side, so that the mid-range horns are at ear-level (when sitting).

The theads about "vertical Cornwalls" are a moot point, as these are no longer made.

I tried just doing a search with the word "Cornwall" on the Klipsch forum, but got thousands of hits.

How best to conduct a search on the Klipsch forums, to read from those who have experience with Cornwalls that are positioned on their sides?

Along with advice about how to search on Cornwalls positioned on their sides, I would appreciate feedback from those who have their Cornwalls on their sides. It would help us to know why you have them on their sides, and the net result to the sound quality.

Steve

• Moderators

I have not tried it with Cornwalls, but I have my center forte ll and the three rear Forte's on there side.

There may be a sight difference in the sound but not enough to make any difference to me, sounds fine ! If you have a really wide spacing you may hear it, I have my center about 7'-8' feet from the main L&R and it's fine, in stereo you may hear it more ?

Try it and see how it sounds ?

Thanks for the info, dtel.

Actually, I figured a way to narrow the search. In the Klipsch search window ... type the following minus the quotation marks: "Cornwall AND sideways". It may make a difference, that when typing the word "and" to upper case the word as "AND". There's good information that can be found about vertical Cornwalls, mirror-vision verticals, the Klipsch logic for stopping the mirror-vision verticals, and the basic understanding that all Cornwall versions can be played upright or on its side.

In all the threads that can be found from the above search, it was stressed on the importance of having the horns at ear-level.

I apologize for the continuing questions, and still would like to hear input from those who have their Cornwalls on their sides.

I will try all geometrical options as you kind responders have advised, but it will be an adventure moving the pair of pine buffets from one side of the house to the other. Nothing that a hot bath won't cure, I suppose.

And here's one question, that I've yet to see anyone ask, so can anyone anwer this question or have actually tried it: Would there be any issues in placing Cornwalls ... upside down ... if they are going to be played three feet above the floor ... with the logic of having the horns close to ear level (while sitting)? To play the Devil's advocate, you could get a Cornwall closer (and more centered) to the wall corners than you could if the Cornwalls were on their side, from a table-top that is three feet above the floor.

I don't have Cornwalls, but every time I've had any of my other speakers stacked, there is reduced bass output from every one of them.

I've had them sideways, upside down, etc, and they never sound "right" unless they are on the floor.

NP - The Angels - Watch The Red (Bonus Edition)