RW-10D Blows Fuses - Any Ideas?

Hi EpicKlipschFan, Oicu812,  Et Al,

First, I have an UPDATE ON THE FUSE SPEC:

I spoke with a LittleFuse tech rep yesterday and got edjekated: The difference between these "Slow Blow" and "Time Delay" glass cartridge fuses has evolved over the years.  Either type can have the "T" designation meaning they take time to do their job. The wound variety were the earlier design and still manufactured and work fine. That said, the newer design non-wound variety are more common these days and I was told are functionally the same (and appear easier to manufacture). I just found an excellent article from a relievable source that discusses this. Fyi, the Littlefuse p/n for a non-wound T2AL250VP is 0218002.mnpx .

The Test: My fuses (the wound variety) arrived last night. The bad news was that they blew almost immediately. I blew two of a box of twenty just to make sure. The good news was that the LCD on top of the box lit up before the power was cut off, so probably no water or other damage there or the display board electronics. EpicKlipschFan, I will contact ngen33r as you suggested. 

Thanks for the helpful posts: )

Regards . . .

Edited by BretAB
Fix typo.
  • Like 1

HI again EpicKlipschFan, 

I just tried to PM ngen33r and received forum message, "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later." Any idea how can I contact that person? I haven't ever PM'd anyone on this forum yet.

Hmm . . .

17 minutes ago, BretAB said:

HI again EpicKlipschFan, 

I just tried to PM ngen33r and received forum message, "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later." Any idea how can I contact that person? I haven't ever PM'd anyone on this forum yet.

Hmm . . .

You need 5 posts to enable the PM feature. You have 4.

Post a couple more just to be certain.

Welcome to the forum!

@BretAB

• Like 1

Just a fyi to build up my post count to 5 so I can PM: The torx screws that hold the backplate/amp onto the cabinet are T-20 .

Regards . . .

P.S. That worked. At 5 now and can PM. Sorry for the intrusions.

Edited by BretAB
Added P.S.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BretAB said:

Just a fyi to build up my post count to 5 so I can PM: The torx screws that hold the backplate/amp onto the cabinet are T-20 .

Regards . . .

P.S. That worked. At 5 now and can PM. Sorry for the intrusions.

Member, not an intruder... thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! 

I am a New user of this forum. 

Having trouble with my RW-10 i found that the IRF740 MOS-FET'S Were bad, but also noticed that D11 and D12 (on the liltle PCB) was burnt.

Anyone here that has the type/specs for those diodes?

Edited by Staale
Forgot a word